• 1 month later...

Hi All!

Suddenly ca stopped working. I have Mac Monterey 12.2.1 and have homebred PHP already after which calc anything worked for a while. I've updated PHP, reinstalled the ca workflow and looked everywhere but couldn't find a solution. Anyone else? I am not a programmer so hard to figure out...

Zsolt

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 12/3/2022 at 4:39 AM, Tigersoul said:

Love the work flow but hate it uses php. Sure it's easy to get homebrew and add php. But it absolutely chews hard-drive space. Just homebrew alone is like a gigabyte. Just to get php? Ugh! Any alternative to this? 

That is true. Php only installed over 39 other packages (dependencies) into my mac. That is insane.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

A new update has been released. This update includes a lot of changes and fixes, it should work with Alfred 4 and 5. If you are using Alfred 5 you can use the new workflow configuration window.

• New: Now the workflow uses the new Alfred 5 Configuration window
  • New: Now you can convert from fiat currency to crypto currency
  • New: Now you can convert from crypto currency to fiat currency
  • New: Now if you convert to a currency code that it's both a fiat currency and crypto currency, the workflow will convert to both and display the two results see example
  • New: Now you can use negative numbers for example -25F to C
  • New: Now you can use numbers starting with dot for example .250km to meters
  • New: Added new language: Swedish
  • New: Added new option to configure the decimals separator to support multiple inputs
  • New: Added new option to configure the number of decimals in currency conversions
  • New: Added new option to configure the number of decimals in cryptocurrency conversions
  • New: Added new option to configure the output format of numbers
  • New: Added keyword _clear to clear all workflow cache
  • Improved: Unit conversion works a lot better and the code was reduced a lot
  • Fixed: Time keyword not working with certain PHP versions
  • Fixed: Binary mode not working for data storage conversions
  • Removed: Auto updater was removed as Alfred 5 will handle future updates
  • Removed: The old key ca to configure the workflow is removed
  • Removed: Convertor library was removed
  • Many fixes and improvements to list them all.

I've submitted the workflow to the Alfred Gallery, we just need to wait, in the meantime you can try the latest version downloading it directly from https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything/releases/tag/4.0.0

A new update has been released.

• Improved: Workflow description now includes more examples
  • Fixed: Not able to convert to multiple default currencies if the first default currency is the same as the input currency
  • Fixed: Some users were not able to use currency conversion, depending on their PHP installation
  • Fixed: Time keyword not working in PHP 8.2+
  • Fixed: Time keyword not grabbing the new config value for Alfred 5

I've submitted the workflow to the Alfred Gallery, we just need to wait, in the meantime you can try the latest version downloading it directly from https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything/releases/tag/4.0.1

• 1 month later...

I tried to install and run the workflow and immediately got an error. Any idea how to fix this?

Reason: launch path not accessible

/usr/bin/php

Check that the selected language exists on your system.

If you're syncing Alfred's preferences, also check that all related workflow files exist locally.

Related Workflow Info...
Name: 'Calculate Anything'
Folder:/Users/bob/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.30D26E72-33D3-4A03-B90C-3297F9BAC9D5

• 1 month later...

Welcome @Rodrigo Rosa,

When asking about an existing Workflow, it’s best to use its own forum thread. While it may seem that starting a new thread could give your problem visibility, it fragments the discussion and makes it less likely the author and users of the workflow (the people who can help) will see it. I’ve moved your post to the correct place.

The answer to your query is at the top of the workflow’s Gallery page: use Alfred’s dependencies manager to install what’s missing. it should take a while, depending on what you’re missing.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I love this workflow and I use it constantly.

With the recent bug of currency, I tried to delete and reinstall it but then I was getting:
"1 USD to EUR". 

[15:35:50.570] ERROR: Calculate Anything[Script Filter] Code 6: dyld[65788]: Library not loaded: /opt/homebrew/opt/libavif/lib/libavif.15.dylib

I ran

brew install gd

And that seem to have worked.

I just updated the workflow from the gallery.

[11:04:03.609] ERROR: Calculate Anything[Script Filter] JSON is missing expected keys; items, variables or rerunafter:
{"items":{"0":{"title":"You need to configure the API key for Fixer","valid":false,"arg":""},"rerun":false}}

You're assigning a boolean to the `rerun` key, but it expects a float. This results in no response item being displayed at all.

It's probably best to not set a rerun value at all unless I'm missing something: here and here.

Hi Everyone

Please note exchangerate.host started to require an API key like a week ago, exchangerate.host was only supported to save users the trouble of getting an API key, that's not the case anymore so it was removed from the workflow. No other providers will be added as Fixer works and getting an API key takes like two minutes.

You just need to set a Fixer API key and that's all. You can find information in the readme https://github.com/biati-digital/alfred-calculate-anything

Several issues have been opened lately about the same error. Please just configure your API Key and currency conversion will work.

Thank's

Looking again at the output posted by @zeitlings, the JSON is indeed malformed. items should be an array of objects, not an object with a 0 key. arg shouldn’t be set and rerun should be a number, but those won’t stop the results from showing.

You may be getting more issues than normal because people are getting the message in the debugger but not in Alfred due to the malformed JSON.