Feed result of script filter back into itself

When the user selects an option from my script filter, I would like the option to pass this selected value on to an action, the next part of the workflow, or to pass it back into the same script filter in order to generate a new set of results. Is this possible? I know that I can have the script filter rerun on each query change, but in this case I'd like to be able to optionally make it run when the user selects a result.

4 minutes ago, maxedison said:

I would like the option to pass this selected value on to an action, the next part of the workflow

That’s the default.

4 minutes ago, maxedison said:

or to pass it back into the same script filter in order to generate a new set of results.

Have that option work with a modifier key that sets a variable, and have a connection to a Call External Trigger Output that will only progress if said variable is set.

7 minutes ago, maxedison said:

I know that I can have the script filter rerun on each query change

That’s the only behaviour. Your wording makes it sound that can be changed, but it can’t.

You seem to be inquiring about something really specific but you’re not telling us why. To avoid and XY problem in which we’ll be running around trying to accommodate an inadequate solution, you’d be better off being explicit about what you want your Workflow to do.

On 11/13/2019 at 9:14 AM, vitor said:

You seem to be inquiring about something really specific but you’re not telling us why.

I want to traverse a JSON structure, using fuzzy filtering to select from the available keys. I'll give the modifier + "Call External Trigger Output" approach a shot. Thanks!