Unexpected Behavior in iTunes Player

Captain Picard

I was trying to play specific songs through Alfred's iTunes player but the wrong song started to pay each time.  After a couple tries, I realized that I had shuffle enabled throwing off the playlist.

Is there a way to optimize this behavior?  If I have shuffle enabled, I would expect Alfred to play my selected song and then continue to shuffle the rest of the list.  Or maybe Alfred could disable shuffling?

I was trying to play specific songs through Alfred's iTunes player but the wrong song started to pay each time.  After a couple tries, I realized that I had shuffle enabled throwing off the playlist.

Is there a way to optimize this behavior?  If I have shuffle enabled, I would expect Alfred to play my selected song and then continue to shuffle the rest of the list.  Or maybe Alfred could disable shuffling?

Hi there,

Unfortunately, Apple broke iTunes' AppleScript with the release of iTunes 11 removing the ability for Alfred to disable shuffle before playing. I am keeping a close eye on them fixing this, but for now, you will need to keep shuffle disabled in iTunes.

Cheers,

Andrew

• 1 month later...

I can't see the tracks of a Playlist in Alfred iTunes mini player. Is that also a iTunes 11 bug?

Alfred has never shown the contents of playlists in the Mini Player. You can select a playlist and start playing it but, due to the iTunes limitations, it's not possible to browse within playlists. :)