Custom source for the "Web Bookmarks" section

garyh

I really love the bookmark functionality of Alfred, but I'm transitioning my Safari/Chrome bookmarks online to Pinboard so I lose that handy default search power. I'm not sure if this counts as a feature request, but is it possible to use something like the Rusty Pin ( https://github.com/spamwax/alfred-pinboard-rs ) extension's cache (I think it's just saving them to a .plist) as a source? Or is there some fancy way this could be done with workflows?

I'd like to see my pinboard bookmarks in the default search scope the same way Safari/Chrome's are available in the Web Bookmarks feature page. Rusty Pin in particular uses a cache for its bookmarks so they're all available locally in a .plist file. It would just be cool to be able to plug those in to the default results

5 hours ago, garyh said:

It would just be cool to be able to plug those in to the default results

You can't directly plug workflow output into Alfred's default results.

To do that, you'd need to export the data to .webloc files or create a "fake" browser bookmarks file, e.g. create a new Chrome profile and overwrite its Bookmarks file with your Pinboard bookmarks (in Chrome bookmarks format).