Sign in to follow this  
rkj

Workflow updates through public repository

It'd be great to allow workflow updates/bug fixes through some kind of built-in update system. It should check a repository master branch for new commits (on GitHub for example), and pull if there's any - or at least give the user the option to.

Currently you have to keep an eye on every workflow developers' blog/twitter account to get notified about updates.

An app that does something like this is Sublime Text 2's unofficial package manager called "Package Control".  B)

I would highly doubt that Alfred would ever support this but it could be done with extensions/workflows. I made the Extension Updater for Alfred 1.x. I'll probably try to get something similar going again this time, I just haven't had a chance yet.

We'll get things figured out.. Remember, it hasn't even been a week yet :)

Maybe a communal git repo, where people send a pull request with updates. I'd be up for that. However might be a tad too much on the power user / developer side.

AlfPT (alfredrepo.tom-hunt.co.uk) is attempting to fill that slot. It's a little rough around the edges right now though.

Actually right now the site is down, at least for me it is.