adamprocter

Play Music not Play iTunes

Not sure if this is the same issue or a slightly different one, but it appears the Workflow template hotkey shortcuts are all still configured for iTunes rather than Music and are no longer functional. I used these heavily and daily prior to Catalina and iTunes->Music and would love to see them return. Screenshot of workflow settings in question: 

2020-01-09_11-49-07.png

@dontworrybehappy Perfect, thanks for that! :)

While those items are labelled iTunes, they should still work as expected in Catalina. Could you check Alfred has automation allowed (ticked) for Music in the macOS Preferences > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation? If it is, perhaps try unticking and re-ticking, then restart Alfred.

I've just done a small change in the latest 4.0.8 b1134 pre-release to update the labels to Music if using Catalina.

Cheers,

Andrew

@Andrew Home run for you! That's exactly what it was. That setting was off and toggling it did the trick. I have a theory that when I moved from Alfred 3 to Alfred 4 recently, I probably hit Deny on a few of the installation prompts asking for additional permissions and one of them could have been for the Automation setting in question. In any event, thank you Andrew!