cheics

Alfred showing long paths for home directory folders

I have recently moved computers. On my new computer, all files are referred to by the full path of the home directory, including "/System/Volumes/Data/Users/" etc..

See Old computer:

ZZjIUEL.png

See New Computer:

Y0a7Zo2.png

On 12/17/2019 at 3:26 PM, cheics said:

I have recently moved computers. On my new computer, all files are referred to by the full path of the home directory, including "/System/Volumes/Data/Users/" etc..

See Old computer:

ZZjIUEL.png

See New Computer:

Y0a7Zo2.png

19 minutes ago, cheics said:

For future reference - this seems to be this issues, related to my Catalina upgrade when changing machines:

With Catalina, Apple changed the path for where applications reside on the file system. That is why you no longer see it listed as ~/. Because ~/ is target you users home directory, and /System/Volumes/* is not in your home directory. 

Assuming that nothing has been altered when it comes to the home folder configuration, Alfred 4 is aware of the path mapping, and works around this issue to give you the ~/

Cheers,

Andrew

Is it possible to get around this in Alfred 3? I tried making my home folder custom /System/Volumes/Data/Users/me and reloading but it had no effect.

@sballin as far as I'm aware, it's not possible to get around this in Alfred 3 by external means. I believe it's actually a bug in Catalina not correctly correlating the home folder through the official APIs, Alfred 4 has some logic to work around this issue.