ylluminate

Skip forward / backward for Music (iTunes)

Posted (edited)

Now with the inability use (the awesome) SizzlingKeys with Music in Catalina, we need the ability to have Skip Backward & Skip Forward for Music/iTunes such that a simple key combo can activate it. Here's how it was set in SizzlingKeys: Screenshot

Edited by ylluminate

Posted (edited)

Hey thanks!  I took a step back and reevaluated the situation after Music.app ATE my converted music library.  I did some digging and found Retroactive and thus am now running iTunes 12.9.5.5 on Catalina until Apple can rectify its cranial-rectal relationship...

It appears that this has given SizzlingKeys a little more life now and I'm back to enjoying it's full and robust functionality until Apple finally get's things right.  Overall I'm finding SizzlingKeys to be even more responsive / faster with iTunes at playing and acting on key input than Alfred was in my initial go with Music.app. 

I'm sure I'll be back down the road once the Apple-ocalypse has gone past the event horizon...

Edited by ylluminate

For future reference, and Alfred's support, check that Alfred has Automation selected for iTunes in the macOS Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation > Alfred > iTunes. If it's already selected, perhaps try quitting Alfred, then unticking and re-ticking iTunes.

Cheers,

Andrew