Jump to content
signcarver

Can i get more than 40 items in the search results?

Recommended Posts

Hi,

Alfred sets a limit of 40 items returned in the search results. Is there a way i can increase this number OR preferably, "page down" to the next set of results?

 

Thank you very much!

Steve

Share this post


Link to post

I don't think so, no. 40 is the max. for Alfred's default features to keep it fast.

 

There's no limit on the number of results you can return from a Script Filter, however, so if there's something in particular you want to have a lot more results for, you can implement it as a workflow.

Share this post


Link to post
25 minutes ago, deanishe said:

I don't think so, no. 40 is the max. for Alfred's default features to keep it fast.

 

There's no limit on the number of results you can return from a Script Filter, however, so if there's something in particular you want to have a lot more results for, you can implement it as a workflow.

 

Thank you deanishe. I'm just learning workflows so this will be a good exercise. I suspect paging through results will be a different issue.

Share this post


Link to post
1 minute ago, signcarver said:

I suspect paging through results will be a different issue.

 

Yeah. Generally, that's something you want to avoid. A better solution is to enter a more precise query to narrow down the set of results, but Alfred's default matching algorithm doesn't always make that easy to do.

 

One of the great things about Script Filters is that you can implement your own matching in a way that makes the most sense for the stuff you're searching.

Share this post


Link to post
Posted (edited)

 

1 hour ago, deanishe said:

 

Yeah. Generally, that's something you want to avoid. A better solution is to enter a more precise query to narrow down the set of results, but Alfred's default matching algorithm doesn't always make that easy to do.

 

One of the great things about Script Filters is that you can implement your own matching in a way that makes the most sense for the stuff you're searching.

 

Got it. I was being lazy by searching everything. I can narrow down the search by folders. Still, 40 is a small number of results for some of the web sites i work on.

Edited by signcarver
added more info

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...