Jump to content

Firefox Assistant


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Alfred0 said:

Ah, would it be possible to turn it on conditionally based on the installed firefox version?

 

I don't think so. It's a syntax error, which typically means the script will fail to parse, never mind run.

 

I think if I mark the new version of the extension as incompatible with older versions of Firefox, it should be okay. People running older versions of Firefox shouldn't get the update, and if they want to install the extension, they can grab an older version of it.

Link to comment
15 hours ago, deanishe said:

 

I don't think so. It's a syntax error, which typically means the script will fail to parse, never mind run.

 

I think if I mark the new version of the extension as incompatible with older versions of Firefox, it should be okay. People running older versions of Firefox shouldn't get the update, and if they want to install the extension, they can grab an older version of it.

 

Great news! I'll keep an eye out for the new release.

Link to comment
Just now, Alfred0 said:

Great news! I'll keep an eye out for the new release.

 

It doesn't work properly. Looks like the author of the PR didn't test it. Not particularly surprising, seeing as they didn't even bother to check which versions of Firefox the workflow supports.

Link to comment
  • 4 weeks later...
47 minutes ago, Signynt said:

For some reason when I try to select a tab from the search it takes forever to switch to it. It takes upwards of a minute to suddenly switch to the selected tab.


See previous page. Unless someone who’s affected by the issue can figure it out, you’re going to have to wait (a possibly long time) till I get an M1 Mac and/or upgrade to Big Sur.

Link to comment

Hi @deanishe

Thanks for the great workflow.

 

I'm looking for a way to 'Activate Tab' by tab index instead of tab ID.

The idea is like

`./alfred-firefox -tabIndex 2 -action "Activate Tab" tab`

 

I looked at the workflow code and it looks like it's only using tab ID.

I would appreciate it if you have any suggestion.

Link to comment

@deanishe

I work with a lot of tabs and on Chrome I have a workflow to map Ctrl + number to jump to the tabs.

Ctrl + [0 to 9] to jump from tab 0 to 9

Ctrl + [q to p] to jump from tab 10 to 19

Ctrl + [a to ;] to jump from tab 20 to 29

 

I customized the workflow named Chrome Control

```

x={query}
y=$(($x - 1))
./chrome.js focus 0,$y

```

 

I would like to do the same on Firefox. Some times during research, on Firefox with Vertical Tabs, I use up to 40 tabs.

Link to comment
  • 2 months later...

Just set this one up.

 

1) Now I do not see any bookmarks in the bookmarks bar ( Cmd + Shift + B ).

 

They are fine in the sidebar ( Cmd + B ).

 

I am on M1 Big Sur 11.3.

 

Any idea?

 

2) I have the "Add to Pinboard" bookmarklet ("popup" from https://pinboard.in/howto/).

 

When I launch it from bml, Firefox shows "Firefox Developer Edition prevented this site from opening a pop-up window." notice. I can click Preferences and allow pop-up for this site or let it run for that instance. But is there a way to make it work for all the sites w/o showing the notice?

Edited by Sridhar Katakam
Link to comment
4 hours ago, Sridhar Katakam said:

Now I do not see any bookmarks in the bookmarks bar

 

The workflow and extension do not change your data in any way. I have no idea how the workflow or extension could possibly do that.

 

4 hours ago, Sridhar Katakam said:

But is there a way to make it work for all the sites w/o showing the notice?

 

Sorry, I have no idea. Ask on a Firefox forum.

Link to comment

I can confirm that on the M1 macs, it does run very slowly. The main program, alfred-firefox, used is a compiled go language program. That is most likely the issue. It's been compiled on an x86 system, but the M1s are ARM based. It has to launch the Rosetta 2 environment to compile the object code to ARM and then run the program. It doesn't save the results, so it has to be done each time it is launched. 

 

The issue that explains how to compile it yourself is here:  https://github.com/deanishe/alfred-firefox/issues/23

 

You have to have the ARM64 build of the go language tools in order to build the sources. After recompiling, it is faster than ever now!

Edited by raguay.customct
Link to comment
8 hours ago, raguay.customct said:

It has to launch the Rosetta 2 environment to compile the object code to ARM and then run the program. It doesn't save the results, so it has to be done each time it is launched.

 

Ah crap. Can I cross-compile an ARM64 binary on my AMD64 machine?

Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...