Firefox Assistant

• 9 months later...

Hello,

I've just upgraded OSX from Monterey to Sonoma. Since then, my beloved Firefox Assistant has stopped working. When I attempted to debug it, I encountered the following error:

15:14:50.914] ERROR: Firefox Assistant[Script Filter] Code 1: 15:14:50 workflow_paths.go:143: [warning] info.plist not found. Guessed: /Users/prborek/Library/Mobile Documents/com~apple~CloudDocs/Alfred/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.7189F05D-6370-46C8-A04C-F123468921B6
🍺

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!

Welcome @Prem,

When asking about an existing Workflow, it’s best to use its own forum thread. While it may seem that starting a new thread could give your problem visibility, it fragments the discussion and makes it less likely the author and users of the workflow (the people who can help) will see it. I’ll move your post to the correct location.

As to your error, you need to make sure your iCloud files are always offline. What seems to have happened is that at the moment they are not, and an important file has been removed.

• 3 weeks later...

Posting this because it took me a while to figure out the "failed to connect to extension" problem.

If you've already installed the workflow and extension, uninstall them and do the following first:

Set the preference folder to your home directory (hit CMD+SHIFT+G and type ~ to take you there)

image.thumb.png.38a1c42c4313644a6876bcd118c75aff.png

After doing that, proceed to install the workflow followed by the extension. Should hopefully work!

Welcome @boixos24,

You shouldn’t sync your preferences to your home folder unless you specifically want them there, that should make no difference to the problem unless the developer had done something really unportable (which is unlikely in this case). Instead, the more likely explanation is that your previous syncing location was invalid or had some other problem (have you ensured your Preferences were always available offline?) and that changing them anywhere valid solved the problem you had. If you want your preferences local, you should instead reset them to the default location.

On 11/24/2023 at 3:36 PM, vitor said:

Welcome @boixos24,

You shouldn’t sync your preferences to your home folder unless you specifically want them there, that should make no difference to the problem unless the developer had done something really unportable (which is unlikely in this case). Instead, the more likely explanation is that your previous syncing location was invalid or had some other problem (have you ensured your Preferences were always available offline?) and that changing them anywhere valid solved the problem you had. If you want your preferences local, you should instead reset them to the default location.

This doesn't work with this workflow. It's a pretty notorious problem