Switching between preferred Spell checking language

Hi, I use an app called Franz every day,  I use it for LinkedIn, GitHub, Slack, Discord, trello and Messenger and I switch between four different languages.

To switch I right-click - Spell checking - "then I choose a language from a list"..  I sometimes do this 25 times a day and it would be very nice just to have a short-cut to switch between the three languages I use the most. Is it possible to do with Alfred or with Automator? if so, could someone perhaps share this command or similar - it would be nice if I only had to change a few things as I don't have a lot of experience with Alfred.

Thanks

PS I posted this on reddit and got referred to this forum.. 

Edited by deanishe
Change text colour to not unreadable.
20 minutes ago, flight505 said:

Hi, I use an app called Franz every day,  I use it for LinkedIn, GitHub, Slack, Discord, trello and Messenger and I switch between four different languages.

To switch I right-click - Spell checking - "then I choose a language from a list"..  I sometimes do this 25 times a day and it would be very nice just to have a short-cut to switch between the three languages I use the most. Is it possible to do with Alfred or with Automator? if so, could someone perhaps share this command or similar - it would be nice if I only had to change a few things as I don't have a lot of experience with Alfred.

Thanks

PS I posted this on reddit and got referred to this forum.. 

Hmm, very interesting requirement, I am not sure it would be easily feasible with Alfred. Franz I believe is a electron app and doesn't have built-in AppleScript support. I am guessing what would really be required is to simulate actually mouse clicks and go through the motions. And if that was the case, Keyboard Maestro would be a more appropriate solution. 

Update

Checked, doesn't appear to be a great way to go about this. Hopefully someone else here as a better answer. Sorry :( 

Edited by Terminal

Exactly what Terminal said, tbh. Franz doesn't have any kind of scripting API, so you're stuck with simulating clicks and keypresses. And Keyboard Maestro is by far and away the most reliable tool for that.

FWIW, Alfred is not the right tool for this kind of thing. It's a launcher, not an automation tool. Automating other applications with Alfred basically means writing a script that does all the actual automation and just using Alfred as a handy interface to run it and/or view the results.

• 1 month later...

Good to know that you can change the spelling language directly using right click on the text.

The other way to change it is System Settings -> Keyboard -> Text -> Spelling

Maybe there is a nice way to change that system setting using Alfred.