[SOLVED] App-specific Hotkeys w. Same Key Combination?

Is it possible to use the same key combination in different hotkeys when they're assigned to different apps? In other words, can I assign the same combination of keys to different apps (by adding the app to the Related Apps panel of the hotkey, and selecting the option that only activates it when the app has focus)?

This is something that has always confused me about Alfred, so I wanted to check to see if I was doing something wrong. From what I can tell, Alfred won’t let you assign the same key combination to more than one hotkey - even when they only operate when different apps have focus.

To get around this issue, a long time ago, I stopped adding hotkeys directly in Alfred and started adding External Triggers that I assign to a keyboard shortcut in the Better Touch Tool app. But this has always struck me as odd. Am I doing something wrong here? Is this possible in Alfred?

Thanks for your help!

1 hour ago, Jasondm007 said:

Is it possible to use the same key combination in different hotkeys when they're assigned to different apps?

No. Don't know why, but it isn't.

I thought there was a feature request for this, but I can't find it. You should add one, so I can upvote it.

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] App-specific Hotkeys w. Same Key Combination?