Possible to fire Action as characters are typed?

I'm basically looking to create a one-handed app launcher that's as simple and painless as possible.  The idea is that you can just double-tap a modifier key (e.g.,  Command) and then type a single character to launch an application.  For example;  Command+Command + c would open Calendar.app.  The trick is not requiring the user to hit enter, as that's just an extra step.  Thinking this should be easy but I'm not sure I see a way to get around hitting enter to move to there next step.

Current workflow looks like this;

1)  [hotkey]  Double-tap Command -- this opens alfred and links to a script filter

2)  [script filter] set to argument required, user types 'c', script processes and filters to an item (e.g., Calendarl)

3)  ???

4)  [launch app]  Launch Calendar.app

5)  Profit

Any thoughts?

1 hour ago, khoker said:

Apply it to List or Script filters

You can already do it with Script Filters, as it's entirely up to you what happens when your script is run. All you need to do is:

[[ "$1" = "c" ]] && open Calendar

Edited by deanishe
18 hours ago, deanishe said:

You can already do it with Script Filters, as it's entirely up to you what happens when your script is run. All you need to do is:

[[ "$1" = "c" ]] && open Calendar

Yes you can, but at the same time there are other actions that could be chained beyond launching apps.  Even then,  you do lose some functionality.  For example, the Alfred action to launch applications has the ability to "Toggle visibility for apps", which will hide an application if it's already open.