bevesce

Passing files in buffer to script

I would like to make workflow for tagging files with openmeta.

At the moment I came up with File Action that copies files paths to clipboard and then

I run tagging script with keyword followed by tags.

It would be much better if paths in buffer were passed to script in way similar to query - {files}(?).

Then I could put files in buffer, type keyword and tags to run workflow.

I believe the 'Accepts Multiple Files' toggle in the File Action node enables this. Files are returned as a tab separated list.

You need to use alt+[up] to add items to the file buffer. Then alt+

to action all items in the buffer.

I believe the 'Accepts Multiple Files' toggle in the File Action node enables this. Files are returned as a tab separated list.

You need to use alt+[up] to add items to the file buffer. Then alt+

to action all items in the buffer.

Yes, I know about that but that's not what I'm writing about.

I would like to have access to paths in buffer not from file action but from workflow triggered by keyword.

For example:

I add file to buffer using alt+up, then I type "tag test" where "tag" is keyword and then in script triggered by "tag" keyword have access to query - "test" and to paths of files in buffer. 

Yes, I know about that but that's not what I'm writing about.

I would like to have access to paths in buffer not from file action but from workflow triggered by keyword.

For example:

I add file to buffer using alt+up, then I type "tag test" where "tag" is keyword and then in script triggered by "tag" keyword have access to query - "test" and to paths of files in buffer. 

I want to do the same thing. Right now, I use this sequence: the file action caches the file list, calls Alfred with default keyword using AppleScript.

I don't like this because it feels delicate, and if the user changes their keyword (as I often do with workflows I download), I'm going to have some unhappy users who don't understand this dependency.

{files} sounds like an awesome solution  :)