ClipSaver - save & convert images from clipboard history in various formats

@oorbx and @evanfuchs - Can you try the latest version of the workflow (2.1.4) that I just published? I think the problem may have been that I previously had not enabled the "Keep File Lists" option in my Alfred preferences. With that on, I see that copying images sometimes results in a "File: xxx" type which was not previously handled by my workflow. This is a first attempt at handling both types within the same script filter. Please let me know if it works for you.

Edited by luckman212
7 hours ago, luckman212 said:

@oorbx and @evanfuchs - Can you try the latest version of the workflow (2.1.4) that I just published? I think the problem may have been that I previously had not enabled the "Keep File Lists" option in my Alfred preferences. With that on, I see that copying images sometimes results in a "File: xxx" type which was not previously handled by my workflow. This is a first attempt at handling both types within the same script filter. Please let me know if it works for you.

it works now ! 

thanks a lot

• luckman212 changed the title to ClipSaver - save image(s) from clipboard history to various formats

Thanks, @luckman212. This version does seem to display the images that were missing. For some new fun, I get the following error when I select (↩) an entry:

"/Users/xxx/Dropbox/Screenshots/Screen Shot 2023-01-25 at 12.51.42 PM.png", "subtitle": "from: File List"}, "cmd": {"arg": "/Users/xx [truncated]
[08:08:10.137] ClipSaver[Script Filter] Processing complete
[08:08:10.138] ClipSaver[Script Filter] Passing output '/Users/xxx/Dropbox/Screenshots/Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 7.37.41 AM.png' to Conditional
[08:08:10.144] ClipSaver[Conditional] Processing complete
[08:08:10.145] ClipSaver[Conditional] Passing output '/Users/xxx/Dropbox/Screenshots/Screen Shot 2023-02-27 at 7.37.41 AM.png' to Run Script
[08:08:10.283] ERROR: ClipSaver[Run Script] /Users/xxx/Dropbox/applications/Alfred-app/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.36F89F80-8C20-4470-B90D-8BF94E81E85B/save_single.sh: line 26: ${save_to_current,,}: bad substitution
/Users/xxx/Dropbox/applications/Alfred-app/Alfred.alfredpreferences/workflows/user.workflow.36F89F80-8C20-4470-B90D-8BF94E81E85B/save_single.sh: line 35: ${img_pathname,,}: bad substitution
[08:08:10.284] ClipSaver[Run Script] Processing complete
[08:08:10.284] ClipSaver[Run Script] Passing output '' to Conditional

This is the only place "truncated" appeared on the output, so I didn't include the entire output here. This did not show up in the previous version output, so I am guessing that is what leads to the "bad substitution"? Let me know if you need anything further. Thanks again for your help!

1 hour ago, luckman212 said:

Do you have Homebrew installed? brew install bash5 should get things working.

Updating in macOS Monterey was a little less straight forward than that for reasons that are beyond me, but I did get it updated after some googling and the workflow seems to be working. Thanks again.

51 minutes ago, luckman212 said:

No, I don't think it's the 13.3 beta. looking at the pastebin it seems you still have an old version of the workflow installed. Not sure why the in place upgrade didn't work, but why don't you go ahead and delete the entire workflow, download the latest one and reinstall it

Let me know if that clears things up. @oorbx

deleted completely, installed new. output folder empty 🙂  strange

Maybe my last question...

Do you plan some extension of your plugin ?

Something like argument for percentage resize, pixel resize, image flip or any other image operations ?

There are a lot of plugins for that, but nothing is fully complex or updated

Thanks

• luckman212 changed the title to ClipSaver - save & convert images from clipboard history in various formats
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

@luckman212 thanks so much for creating this workflow, which is such a time saver!

However, I'm wondering if it would be possible to add this feature in future release: overriding default format?

E.g. I trigger alfred and type "cs 4 jpg", then it saves in jpg instead of the default png.

I often need to save between png & jpg. So a single default doesn't work that well for me.

If you can add an optional argument that would be incredible.