Unable to search Apple Mail and Apple Notes

I am currently using the latest buld of A4, along with the latest release of Catalina on my Macbook Pro.

When i enter in the keyword to search for emails in Apple Mail, Alfred always shows only my fallback search options.

I have taken the following steps to troublesheoot:

- Deleted and reinstalled the workflow

- Made sure i am on the latest release of Alfred and MacOS

- Granted Full Disk Accesst o Alfred in the security settings

- Double checked that my emails are showing up in spotlight search

- Enabled 'search all file types' in Alfred ettings

- Confirmed that the workflow is searching in the correct folder where my emails are saved

When i head over to System Preference > Security and Privacy > Automation, I can see that Alfred has requested access to other applications such as Evernote, Fantastical, Music, System Events etc, but there is no mention of Mail or Notes on this preference pane. Could this be causing some issue?

I am also having this very same issue when trying to search for my saved notes in Apple Notes.

I was facing this issue in Alfred 3 on Mojave as well.

I am not facing any issues with any other Workflows -  I have various other workflows installed which are all working absolutely perfectly.

Will greatly appreciate any spport on this.

2 hours ago, gaurav_mac_user said:

When i enter in the keyword to search for emails in Apple Mail, Alfred always shows only my fallback search options.

You can't search Apple Mail on Catalina because Apple has deliberately blocked third-party apps from accessing Mail's data.

• 4 weeks later...

"You can't search Apple Mail on Catalina because Apple has deliberately blocked third-party apps from accessing Mail's data.”

SPOTLIGHT is an Apple product which runs as an intrinsic part of Finder.
Apple has even altered that app to stop it from indexing mail files anymore. 
That is exactly the reason  why I'm looking into Alfred-4 at the moment. 

I’ve come across Alfred-4 users who complain about Alfred-4 displaying mail files.

These users want to exclude mail-files whereas I’m trying to include them in the search.

Has anyone found a way for ~/Library files to be included in Alfred-4 Search Scope?

@Rost Modech As per @deanishe's reply earlier, this workflow only works on macOS versions earlier than Catalina. Unfortunately, Apple have decided to block third-party apps from accessing certain types of data, including Mail data, in macOS 10.15 Catalina. As such, you won't be able to use the workflow in Catalina.

I'll update my first post in that thread to reflect this.

Cheers,
Vero

• 7 months later...

@Vero, I'm currently able to run workflows like Sean Ballinger's Search Notes (in.sball.searchnotes) as long as I manually allow the search binary in Preferences > Security and Privacy. It's sketchy, but it works. 

Does this change the consensus on this thread?

I came here because I'd like a more powerful search-for-something-when-I-don't-know-where-it-is workflow. I'd like one keyword to search files, Apple Notes, and even Google Drive when I'm desperate and willing to wait. Ballinger's 'n {query}' may give me a way to search Apple Notes, but it doesn't give me a way to search Notes *and* something else. How can I accomplish this? Is there a way to, say, tack on Notes search to 'open {query}'?