Notion.so Instant Search Workflow

10 hours ago, wrjlewis said:

which I think can not be displayed in an Alfred search result

You can display them as the result icon (provided you download the images and save them locally first), but you can't show one inline with the text.

• 1 month later...

Hey @wrjlewis

started trying out your notion workflow and it‘s really helpful. Quick question though: The search does not return the exact same results, that the internal notion search returns. The search results inside of notion are more plentiful. Is there a specific reason for why that happens and could it be fixed?

Thanks a lot!

On 8/9/2020 at 9:03 AM, Bob89 said:

Hey @wrjlewis

started trying out your notion workflow and it‘s really helpful. Quick question though: The search does not return the exact same results, that the internal notion search returns. The search results inside of notion are more plentiful. Is there a specific reason for why that happens and could it be fixed?

Thanks a lot!

isNavigableOnly: Defaults to True. Setting to false allows you to search objects within a page, ie notion objects that cannot be found through the left hand side navigation pane.

^Try setting this, in the workflow environment variables, to False. This should create the same results as the notion quick search function on their web app. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bob89 said:

@wrjlewis

I think notion might have changed something on their side, but my notion search workflow completely stopped working. 

Anybody else having the same issue? Can we expect a fix for this?

Thanks!

Seems to be working for me currently. Sometimes it stops working for me in the past and I have to update my cookie in the env variables (presumably the notion token has expired or refreshed), can you try that? 

• 3 weeks later...

@wrjlewis

Hi, Thanks for the workflow, its been insanely useful for speed up my interaction with Notion. Have one suggestion, could you make it possible to search by title only please. I am having trouble accessing databases due to subpages crowding out the search box. A title search would take care of the problem and might even make the search faster. Tried reading johnathanz's code and merge it with your but was too complicated for me. Thanks again ;)

31 minutes ago, JSA said:

@wrjlewis

Hi, Thanks for the workflow, its been insanely useful for speed up my interaction with Notion. Have one suggestion, could you make it possible to search by title only please. I am having trouble accessing databases due to subpages crowding out the search box. A title search would take care of the problem and might even make the search faster. Tried reading johnathanz's code and merge it with your but was too complicated for me. Thanks again ;)

Glad you are enjoying using it! 

Just to check, do you have isNavigableOnly set to true in your Alfred env variables for the workflow?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 3:43 PM, JSA said:

Yes, it is set to true.

That is unfortunately the only parameter that can be changed.
Notion doesn't have an option to only search titles as far as I can see and this workflow is bound by the same restrictions and options that Notion's own quick search has (which I believe doesn't allow title search). 
Perhaps when Notion makes the API public we'll see an option for this. 

• 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, noah said:

I'm wondering what would be the best way to use this workflow with multiple Notion workspaces? Can I just import an additional instance of the workflow and set it up for a different workspace?

Thanks!

Hey!

What you suggested is currently the quickest way of doing this, and the easiest. I do this myself. You can simply add the workflow again and use a different keyword that suits you. You could use 'NS1' or 'NS2' for example, or something that means something to the workspaces they relate to.

There is an open enhancement request to search multiple workspaces within a single workflow, but I haven't got around to tackling that yet or thinking about how it would work. 

Thanks

Hi,

Amazing workflow, thanks so much! It would be great to add an optional argument for opening in browser/desktop application that defaults to the option set in vars. I wanted to look into it but haven't had time yet. I feel like it might be doable?

Also, for the workspaces, you can store the creds in a JSON & then parse the variable & use the split function or something like that? Or even storing it in vars. (Not best practice but a start).

Anyways, thanks so much!

• 5 months later...

Hello, 

I also have a problem to make it work. 

I added the cookie as well as the Notion SpaceID. I also tried to copy pate it via texteditor. 

When I show up Alfred and type e.g. "ns volunteers" the answer answer always is:  "no results - go to notion homepage" 

I checked the ssl and it says: 
LibreSSL 2.2.7

I am new to Alfred as well as to Notion. And I am an ordinary user  ;-) I would very much appreciate someone helping me to make it work. 

Thank you very much, Tanja

47 minutes ago, Tanja108 said:

Hello, 

I also have a problem to make it work. 

I added the cookie as well as the Notion SpaceID. I also tried to copy pate it via texteditor. 

When I show up Alfred and type e.g. "ns volunteers" the answer answer always is:  "no results - go to notion homepage" 

I checked the ssl and it says: 
LibreSSL 2.2.7

I am new to Alfred as well as to Notion. And I am an ordinary user  😉 I would very much appreciate someone helping me to make it work. 

Thank you very much, Tanja

I found the solution:  I logged out and logged in again into Notion. Now it functions 🙏

10 minutes ago, Tanja108 said:

I found the solution:  I logged out and logged in again into Notion. Now it functions 🙏

And I found out: 

As soon as I am adding a second account to Notion (I have two different emails I am working with right now), the Alfred workflow immediately stops working. 
Under this circumstances, I receive only the note: "no results - go to notion homepage". 

• 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, Jakub Sypiański said:

For each workspace I need to duplicate the workflow – or is there another solution?

There isn’t a solution to this and I’m not sure when I’ll get around to adding it, but good to know it could be useful! 
Thanks

On 5/18/2020 at 10:30 AM, fxf said:

Hi,

What a wonderful workflow!

I followed step by step your guide. However, it's not working on my side : no results are displayed :(

The debugger shows this

[11:26:15.798] Logging Stopped.

[11:26:16.595] Logging Started...

[11:26:23.441] Notion Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'l'

[11:26:23.488] Notion Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'le'

[11:26:23.550] Notion Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'lea'

[11:26:23.641] Notion Search[Script Filter] Queuing argument 'lean'

[11:26:25.844] Notion Search[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[11:26:25.847] Notion Search[Script Filter] {"items": [{"arg": "https://www.notion.so/", "type": "default", "uid": 1, "title": "No results - go to Notion homepage"}]}

[11:26:26.620] Notion Search[Script Filter] Script with argv '(null)' finished

[11:26:26.623] Notion Search[Script Filter] {"items": [{"arg": "https://www.notion.so/", "type": "default", "uid": 1, "title": "No results - go to Notion homepage"}]}

I use Alfred 4.0.9.

Any idea where the problem comes from ? 

Unfortunately since Notion hasn't released a public API yet, it's difficult to resolve any issues, they don't return error messages. 

I have seen people have success by:
Logging out of notion in their browser.
Logging back in
Copy the cookie as shown in the readme into the workflow env variables. The spaceid should stay the same but may be worth copying over again to be sure.

Try again searching for a page you know to exist in your workspace.