Notion.so Instant Search Workflow

Awesome, will do! Appreciate the speedy reply :)

I can't think of any way to display the custom icon URL either, unless it was somehow able to take over for the default Notion icon? ūü§Ē

Either way, I'll open an issue, and if you ever have the time to check it out, that'd be awesome- but as it stands, it's still immensely useful. Take care!

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who love Notion.so (really great documentation & more tool), you will know how useful it would be to get instant search results from Notion in Alfred.    To that reason I've cr

I recommend against that. Packal has been a zombie for years. The site is falling apart and is abandoned by the developers, which don’t have time to work on it anymore.

@wrjlewis Thanks so much for creating this plugin. It's pretty awesome! @MasterBruce to have the plugin work with desktop version of Notion: 1) you click the Script in Alfred workflow

Posted Images

10 hours ago, wrjlewis said:

which I think can not be displayed in an Alfred search result

You can display them as the result icon (provided you download the images and save them locally first), but you can't show one inline with the text.

On 7/2/2020 at 11:38 AM, bertk said:

I can search pages using the workflow. But when I click on one, it opens up the desktop app but doesn't actually go to the page. I'm left at the last page I had open. 

Can you please open an issue here 

• 1 month later...

Hey @wrjlewis

started trying out your notion workflow and it‚Äės really helpful. Quick question though: The search does not return the exact same results, that the internal notion search returns. The search results inside of notion are more plentiful. Is there a specific reason for why that happens and could it be fixed?

Thanks a lot!

On 8/9/2020 at 9:03 AM, Bob89 said:

Hey @wrjlewis

started trying out your notion workflow and it‚Äės really helpful. Quick question though: The search does not return the exact same results, that the internal notion search returns. The search results inside of notion are more plentiful. Is there a specific reason for why that happens and could it be fixed?

Thanks a lot!

isNavigableOnly: Defaults to True. Setting to false allows you to search objects within a page, ie notion objects that cannot be found through the left hand side navigation pane.

^Try setting this, in the workflow environment variables, to False. This should create the same results as the notion quick search function on their web app. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bob89 said:

@wrjlewis

I think notion might have changed something on their side, but my notion search workflow completely stopped working. 

Anybody else having the same issue? Can we expect a fix for this?

Thanks!

Seems to be working for me currently. Sometimes it stops working for me in the past and I have to update my cookie in the env variables (presumably the notion token has expired or refreshed), can you try that? 

• 3 weeks later...

@wrjlewis

Hi, Thanks for the workflow, its been insanely useful for speed up my interaction with Notion. Have one suggestion, could you make it possible to search by title only please. I am having trouble accessing databases due to subpages crowding out the search box. A title search would take care of the problem and might even make the search faster. Tried reading johnathanz's code and merge it with your but was too complicated for me. Thanks again ;)

31 minutes ago, JSA said:

@wrjlewis

Hi, Thanks for the workflow, its been insanely useful for speed up my interaction with Notion. Have one suggestion, could you make it possible to search by title only please. I am having trouble accessing databases due to subpages crowding out the search box. A title search would take care of the problem and might even make the search faster. Tried reading johnathanz's code and merge it with your but was too complicated for me. Thanks again ;)

Glad you are enjoying using it! 

Just to check, do you have isNavigableOnly set to true in your Alfred env variables for the workflow?

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 3:43 PM, JSA said:

Yes, it is set to true.

That is unfortunately the only parameter that can be changed.
Notion doesn't have an option to only search titles as far as I can see and this workflow is bound by the same restrictions and options that Notion's own quick search has (which I believe doesn't allow title search). 
Perhaps when Notion makes the API public we'll see an option for this.