Jump to content

Notion.so Instant Search Workflow


Recommended Posts

17 minutes ago, joeynotjoe said:

Wow, @wrjlewis this rules! Thank you for the workflow, I wish I would have paid attention sooner!

 

I have one question- and let me know if I should open an issue on GitHub for this if it makes sense- I use a lot of custom icons for my pages, and thus- I see a lot of lengthy image URLs in my results (finding the correct results - it just doesn't look "pretty"). Is there some way of handling non-native emojis?

rYBRJZC.png


Hey 

Glad you like it! 

If you could raise an issue that would be a great way to track this. When I get time I can take a proper look.

At first glance I'm inclined to say that Notion will not be able to display a non-native emoji, it looks like they are stored as jpgs within notion which I think can not be displayed in an Alfred search result. But I could be totally wrong - will need to check. At the very least I could remove the 'ugly' URL so the results look cleaner when searching. 

Thanks!

Link to post
  • Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

For those who love Notion.so (really great documentation & more tool), you will know how useful it would be to get instant search results from Notion in Alfred.    To that reason I've cr

I recommend against that. Packal has been a zombie for years. The site is falling apart and is abandoned by the developers, which don’t have time to work on it anymore.

@wrjlewis Thanks so much for creating this plugin. It's pretty awesome! @MasterBruce to have the plugin work with desktop version of Notion: 1) you click the Script in Alfred workflow

Posted Images

Awesome, will do! Appreciate the speedy reply :)


I can't think of any way to display the custom icon URL either, unless it was somehow able to take over for the default Notion icon? 🤔

 

Either way, I'll open an issue, and if you ever have the time to check it out, that'd be awesome- but as it stands, it's still immensely useful. Take care!

Link to post
10 hours ago, wrjlewis said:

which I think can not be displayed in an Alfred search result

 

You can display them as the result icon (provided you download the images and save them locally first), but you can't show one inline with the text.

Link to post
  • 1 month later...

Hey @wrjlewis

 

started trying out your notion workflow and it‘s really helpful. Quick question though: The search does not return the exact same results, that the internal notion search returns. The search results inside of notion are more plentiful. Is there a specific reason for why that happens and could it be fixed?

 

Thanks a lot!

Link to post
On 8/9/2020 at 9:03 AM, Bob89 said:

Hey @wrjlewis

 

started trying out your notion workflow and it‘s really helpful. Quick question though: The search does not return the exact same results, that the internal notion search returns. The search results inside of notion are more plentiful. Is there a specific reason for why that happens and could it be fixed?

 

Thanks a lot!


isNavigableOnly: Defaults to True. Setting to false allows you to search objects within a page, ie notion objects that cannot be found through the left hand side navigation pane.

^Try setting this, in the workflow environment variables, to False. This should create the same results as the notion quick search function on their web app. 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Bob89 said:

@wrjlewis

 

I think notion might have changed something on their side, but my notion search workflow completely stopped working. 

 

Anybody else having the same issue? Can we expect a fix for this?

 

Thanks!

 

Seems to be working for me currently. Sometimes it stops working for me in the past and I have to update my cookie in the env variables (presumably the notion token has expired or refreshed), can you try that? 

 

 

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...

@wrjlewis

Hi, Thanks for the workflow, its been insanely useful for speed up my interaction with Notion. Have one suggestion, could you make it possible to search by title only please. I am having trouble accessing databases due to subpages crowding out the search box. A title search would take care of the problem and might even make the search faster. Tried reading johnathanz's code and merge it with your but was too complicated for me. Thanks again ;)

Link to post
31 minutes ago, JSA said:

@wrjlewis

Hi, Thanks for the workflow, its been insanely useful for speed up my interaction with Notion. Have one suggestion, could you make it possible to search by title only please. I am having trouble accessing databases due to subpages crowding out the search box. A title search would take care of the problem and might even make the search faster. Tried reading johnathanz's code and merge it with your but was too complicated for me. Thanks again ;)


Glad you are enjoying using it! 
 

Just to check, do you have isNavigableOnly set to true in your Alfred env variables for the workflow?

Link to post
  • 3 weeks later...
On 10/25/2020 at 3:43 PM, JSA said:

Yes, it is set to true.

 

That is unfortunately the only parameter that can be changed.
Notion doesn't have an option to only search titles as far as I can see and this workflow is bound by the same restrictions and options that Notion's own quick search has (which I believe doesn't allow title search). 
Perhaps when Notion makes the API public we'll see an option for this. 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...
57 minutes ago, noah said:

I'm wondering what would be the best way to use this workflow with multiple Notion workspaces? Can I just import an additional instance of the workflow and set it up for a different workspace?

 

Thanks!

Hey!

What you suggested is currently the quickest way of doing this, and the easiest. I do this myself. You can simply add the workflow again and use a different keyword that suits you. You could use 'NS1' or 'NS2' for example, or something that means something to the workspaces they relate to.

There is an open enhancement request to search multiple workspaces within a single workflow, but I haven't got around to tackling that yet or thinking about how it would work. 

Thanks

Link to post

Hi,

 

Amazing workflow, thanks so much! It would be great to add an optional argument for opening in browser/desktop application that defaults to the option set in vars. I wanted to look into it but haven't had time yet. I feel like it might be doable?

 

Also, for the workspaces, you can store the creds in a JSON & then parse the variable & use the split function or something like that? Or even storing it in vars. (Not best practice but a start).

 

Anyways, thanks so much!

Link to post
  • 5 months later...

Hello, 

I also have a problem to make it work. 

I added the cookie as well as the Notion SpaceID. I also tried to copy pate it via texteditor. 

When I show up Alfred and type e.g. "ns volunteers" the answer answer always is:  "no results - go to notion homepage" 

I checked the ssl and it says: 
LibreSSL 2.2.7

I am new to Alfred as well as to Notion. And I am an ordinary user  ;-) I would very much appreciate someone helping me to make it work. 

Thank you very much, Tanja

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Tanja108 said:

Hello, 

I also have a problem to make it work. 

I added the cookie as well as the Notion SpaceID. I also tried to copy pate it via texteditor. 

When I show up Alfred and type e.g. "ns volunteers" the answer answer always is:  "no results - go to notion homepage" 

I checked the ssl and it says: 
LibreSSL 2.2.7

I am new to Alfred as well as to Notion. And I am an ordinary user  😉 I would very much appreciate someone helping me to make it work. 

Thank you very much, Tanja



I found the solution:  I logged out and logged in again into Notion. Now it functions 🙏


 

Link to post
10 minutes ago, Tanja108 said:



I found the solution:  I logged out and logged in again into Notion. Now it functions 🙏


 

And I found out: 

As soon as I am adding a second account to Notion (I have two different emails I am working with right now), the Alfred workflow immediately stops working. 
Under this circumstances, I receive only the note: "no results - go to notion homepage". 
 

Link to post
  • 2 weeks later...

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...