Snippets with Files, Images etc

Nabil

@Nabil As @vitor said, the snippets themselves support text only (plain and rich text), but you can play with workflows to create your own actions based on a snippet trigger.

When you say you want to "use" images and PDFs, do you want to attach these to emails, open them, etc? It's likely that there's a way to do this with AppleScript and a workflow depending on what you have in mind.

If you can elaborate, we might be able to help you out :) 

Cheers,
Vero

Hey , Thank you both for replying!

Okay I'll elaborate, I use WhatsApp desktop a lot for work as I send out brochures and catalogue for different customers and it would be much easier if I can make use of the auto expansion feature of snippet function, 

For example if I type in the keyword " led/" then the catalogue of led fittings (pdf)  which is in my documents folder is pasted into WhatsApp Desktop.

I hope you get what I mean!!

Edited by Nabil
  • 1 year later...
  • 5 months later...

I'm new to Alfred but some tasks that I thought it might help with I can't work out how to create. and to be able to use snippets with all types of content would be really handy. For example I can save a whole bunch of text as a snippet but to summarise that text into a diagram or chart is much easier for a client to understand and yet I can't allocate that to a snippet. I have created the diagrams myself but need Alfred to help me insert the graphic when needed. (Interestingly on this blog I can attached an image to show what I mean). a workflow to allow the insertion rather than attachment of an image would be very handy. is this possible - sorry if this is really easy and I've missed something, but i'm a novice

Edited by MadExp