Workflow to open all the URLs in a Bookmark folder?

Hi all, first post here. In Alfred v1 I had a action to open a list of URLs with a Hotkey.

I can do the same in V2 if I create a Workflow with multiple URLs but would prefer, if possible, to have a workflow that opens all the URLs in a Safari Bookmarks folder.  Sounds simple but I cannot fathom how I would achieve this?

I have to check a list of a dozen or so sites multiple times per day and the list can change so it would be much easier if I could just use a hotkey to open all the URLs in the folder. I can them maintain the folder as required.

I've even looked at using Automator but it seems impossible even there.

Any ideas?

It CAN be done but it's a bit of a pain. You can query Safari's bookmarks using mdfind and get them, but that doesn't distinguish what folder and such they are in. That info is maintained in a big plist file that would have to be read and parsed each time. Once again, possible, but a lot of effort. Using the workflow and maintaining the Open URL items would be much easier.

• 3 years later...

Hi everyone,

Was there any update on the matter?

I'm really looking for the similar workflow. I have to check plenty of websites daily and have a Safari Bookmark Folder which I'm opening. Would be great to be able to open it with a keyword.

• 3 years later...
  • 3 years later...