File / folder Interaction

Ques. 1 Is there a way to search for a folder and then display the contents of that folder? The tilde brings me to the Home folder, but the folder I'm looking for requires several entries.

Ques. 2 Is there also a way to display the contents of the folder that has the file I've searched for and found? Spotlight can do that and I bet Alfred can, too.

Just wondering. Its a great product and I'm looking to do more with it!

Thank you.

5 hours ago, MarkL said:

Ques. 1 Is there a way to search for a folder and then display the contents of that folder? The tilde brings me to the Home folder, but the folder I'm looking for requires several entries.

See the built-in Dynamic File Search example.

dynamic-file-search.png.8ed4a715521ff38aebb519a8713bc827.png

5 hours ago, MarkL said:

Ques. 2 Is there also a way to display the contents of the folder that has the file I've searched for and found? Spotlight can do that and I bet Alfred can, too.

In Alfred's navigation mode, ⌘↩ will reveal the selected file in Finder. For some reason, the above example workflow uses ⌥↩ instead.

6 hours ago, deanishe said:

In Alfred's navigation mode, ⌘↩ will reveal the selected file in Finder.

Not for me—it opens the file (same as ⌥↵ or ↵).

I was under the impression Alfred didn’t have a keyboard shortcut for that, instead relegating showing in Finder to the find keyword (which I never remember exists). I even though there was a feature request for it somewhere (which I planned to find or open one of my own), but if it’s possible I’d like to know where the setting is.

Unrelated, after searching for it I should also open a feature request to disable the ⌃↵ (Action all visible results) which I never want.