MarkL

File / folder Interaction

Ques. 1 Is there a way to search for a folder and then display the contents of that folder? The tilde brings me to the Home folder, but the folder I'm looking for requires several entries.

Ques. 2 Is there also a way to display the contents of the folder that has the file I've searched for and found? Spotlight can do that and I bet Alfred can, too.

Just wondering. Its a great product and I'm looking to do more with it!

Thank you.

5 hours ago, MarkL said:

Ques. 1 Is there a way to search for a folder and then display the contents of that folder? The tilde brings me to the Home folder, but the folder I'm looking for requires several entries.

See the built-in Dynamic File Search example.

dynamic-file-search.png.8ed4a715521ff38aebb519a8713bc827.png

5 hours ago, MarkL said:

Ques. 2 Is there also a way to display the contents of the folder that has the file I've searched for and found? Spotlight can do that and I bet Alfred can, too.

In Alfred's navigation mode, ⌘↩ will reveal the selected file in Finder. For some reason, the above example workflow uses ⌥↩ instead.

6 hours ago, deanishe said:

In Alfred's navigation mode, ⌘↩ will reveal the selected file in Finder.

Not for me—it opens the file (same as ⌥↵ or ↵).

I was under the impression Alfred didn’t have a keyboard shortcut for that, instead relegating showing in Finder to the find keyword (which I never remember exists). I even though there was a feature request for it somewhere (which I planned to find or open one of my own), but if it’s possible I’d like to know where the setting is.

Unrelated, after searching for it I should also open a feature request to disable the ⌃↵ (Action all visible results) which I never want.

@vitor these are configured in Alfred's Advanced prefs, you can disable "Action visible results" and also configure the "Reveal in Finder" shortcut which should work in default results and navigation.

Cheers,

Andrew