Are packal workflows working for you?

I've been trying to set up my workflows on Alfred and tested out different ones on packal but alot of them don't seem to work. Is there something I'm missing or is packal suppose to be plus and play or are they just outdated? I have a few questions, I hope someone could help any of these it would be greatly appreciated :) 

1.  Im trying to get Alfred to search through my evernote notes  but I tried all the ones on packal and the one on alfred but it doesn't seem to work. Could someone explain what needs to be done in order for an app to get connected to alfred? Do you have to have some API access and code something in order to do something like this?

2. Heres an example of what I mean. ( I think the github said that it needs node.js). So does that mean I need to know some leveling of coding to create workflows? ( Is there a place where I can go to learn how to do a script?

image.thumb.png.68323cb07d8cb8dd2e0af323c43e972b.png

3.  Something I wanted to do was write a ticker symbol and get it launch onto tradingview, how would I do this?

Sorry for the  many questions I'm new to Alfred and don't have a coding background so if anyone could answer any of these questions, it would help me out greatly. I bought the powerback but I didn't realize it would be more complicated than I thought and I watched alot of youtube video but there doesn't seem to be good videos for noobs. (Mostly people showing off their workflows but not explaining how to create one.)

1 hour ago, swiggy said:

are they just outdated?

Many are, yes. Packal is basically a zombie. I wouldn't really recommend it as a good place to find workflows any more.

1 hour ago, swiggy said:

( I think the github said that it needs node.js). So does that mean I need to know some leveling of coding to create workflows?

That's right, you need Node. You should ask the workflow's author how to install it.

1 hour ago, swiggy said:

Something I wanted to do was write a ticker symbol and get it launch onto tradingview, how would I do this?

With a custom web search. Try pasting this into Alfred:

alfred://customsearch/TradingView/tradingview/utf8/nospace/https%3A%2F%2Fwww.tradingview.com%2Fsymbols%2F%7Bquery%7D%2F

Then you should be able to type tradingview <symbol> into Alfred and hit ↩ to open the stock in TradingView.com.

In future, if you'd like help integrating a website or the like into Alfred, please provide a link to the site or app you want help with. It's only polite.

@swiggy You'll find details of the Evernote workflow here:

You'll need to make sure you're using the correct version of Evernote with the matching version of the workflow; Always download from Evernote.com and not from the Mac App Store, as instructed by the first post in this thread :)

Cheers,
Vero

• 3 months later...

If Packal has indeed joined the walking dead, is there a new and improved alternative to it? The user experience of being able to search for workflows directly from within Alfred was a huge improvement over navigating this forum to try and find updated workflows.