Script to delete V100-spotlight file during rebuild macOS metadata fails on Catalina

I am having trouble with spotlight on my 2015 MBA 13.  Running macOS 10.15.3.  Someone suggested I use the Alfred metadata reset to trigger a reindex of spotlight.

I am running Alfred 4.0.8 with powerpack.

I started the process to reset meta data, and clicked on the option to delete the spotlight V100 file.  When I got to the part where I authorise the deletion I got this result...

Attempting to delete .Spotlight-V100...

Password:
rm: /System/Volumes/Data/.Spotlight-V100: Operation not permitted

Requesting metadata reindex...

It fails.  The user account has full permissions (I can get SUDO -S to work from a terminal window), so it should have worked.  My guess is that the difference is that Catalina introduces "Read Only" system volume feature (see description here).

I think this might be somewhere / something that needs an update - but of course maybe I'm just doing it wrong.

Grateful for any advice.

Edited by glawrie

Hi - Yes I got that from reading the other posting (not sure I spotted where the messaging was clearer between 4.0.8 and 4.0.9 beta - too subtle for me).  Thanks for your help - have triggered the rebuild now and hopefully that will do the trick.