Make `cmd+return` in clipboard history on image save image to Desktop

nikivi

I often take images or save images to my clipboard and often need to upload these images somewhere but that requires a file with a path.

I would love if I could press on cmd + return here 

847233406_Safari2020-03-21at12_39.52@2x.thumb.png.d03f6430dd67c481a604bfd0f05259bb.png

And it would save the image to ~/Desktop.

Would be super useful to me. Thank you. 

Perhaps it would also be nice if one could create custom `Clipboard Actions` similar to `File Actions`. So you can write actions that for example taken as input some clipboard text would save it as txt file in desktop or send to some API for processing. Or in case of image, can write an action to save clipboarded image to Desktop or some other place.

Edited by nikivi

2 hours ago, nikivi said:

I often take images or save images to my clipboard and often need to upload these images somewhere but that requires a file with a path.

pngpaste. It’s what I use in WebScreenshot.

So you can write actions that for example taken as input some clipboard text would save it as txt file in desktop or send to some API for processing.

That’s a regular Workflow. For the first one, you don’t even need to code; Alfred’s default utilities do it just fine.

Or in case of image, can write an action to save clipboarded image to Desktop or some other place.

Also a Workflow, just in need of the right tool (above).

Edited by vitor

• 2 weeks later...

Forgot to reply to this.

On 3/21/2020 at 3:24 PM, nikivi said:

Yeah but I can't take as input a clipboard entry, or can I? As in use Alfred Clipboard History search and action on it to then run input through my workflow?

You can’t, no.

• 8 months later...

@nikivi I was looking for a solution to a different problem when I came across your post.

In short, I struggled with the same clipboard/image issue in the past, and wound up making a simplistic workflow that dumps the most recent clipboard entry on the desktop as a jpg. It's hardly perfect, but it might help you get by until Alfred adds a more interactive clipboard.

In any event, I've uploaded it for you here: https://gofile.io/d/AeWYKH

Although it only works with the most recent clipboard entry, you could always add an argument to the front that allows you to specify which clipboard entry for it to use. Hope this helps!

Edited by Jasondm007
Uploaded Workflow to a Less Sketchy Place!

13 minutes ago, Jasondm007 said:

wound up making a simplistic workflow that dumps the most recent clipboard entry on the desktop as a jpg.

Unfortunately, that won’t solve the issue. @nikivi would be able to build it himself too; what he wants isn’t possible with the current feature set.

Tangentially, save screenshots as PNG, not JPG, as the latter is a lossy format and subpar for screenshots; it should only ever be used for photographs where file size matters.