nikivi

Make `cmd+return` in clipboard history on image save image to Desktop

I often take images or save images to my clipboard and often need to upload these images somewhere but that requires a file with a path.

I would love if I could press on cmd + return here 

847233406_Safari2020-03-21at12_39.52@2x.thumb.png.d03f6430dd67c481a604bfd0f05259bb.png

And it would save the image to ~/Desktop.

Would be super useful to me. Thank you. 

Posted (edited)

Perhaps it would also be nice if one could create custom `Clipboard Actions` similar to `File Actions`. So you can write actions that for example taken as input some clipboard text would save it as txt file in desktop or send to some API for processing. Or in case of image, can write an action to save clipboarded image to Desktop or some other place.

Edited by nikivi

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, nikivi said:

I often take images or save images to my clipboard and often need to upload these images somewhere but that requires a file with a path.

pngpaste. It’s what I use in WebScreenshot.

So you can write actions that for example taken as input some clipboard text would save it as txt file in desktop or send to some API for processing.

That’s a regular Workflow. For the first one, you don’t even need to code; Alfred’s default utilities do it just fine.

Or in case of image, can write an action to save clipboarded image to Desktop or some other place.

Also a Workflow, just in need of the right tool (above).

Edited by vitor

Yeah but I can't take as input a clipboard entry, or can I? As in use Alfred Clipboard History search and action on it to then run input through my workflow?

Forgot to reply to this.

On 3/21/2020 at 3:24 PM, nikivi said:

Yeah but I can't take as input a clipboard entry, or can I? As in use Alfred Clipboard History search and action on it to then run input through my workflow?

You can’t, no.