Overwritten settings, can't find previous settings

Hello everyone, 

this is kind of last minute as I only have a 24h backup (iMac).

Yesterday afternoon i've clicked on an alfred settings file and it has overwritten all my settings and workflows. It looks like default settings.

Now I'm trying to find out where I've saved my previous settings because I couldn't find them. I don't know if I've synced them.

Is there any way (maybe in the logs) to find out from where alfred was sourcing it's settings before so I could recover it from a 24h backup? 

Thank you!
Kim

Edited by Kimus
5 hours ago, Kimus said:

I don't have the prefs.json file in the Alfred 3 folder.

Because it was only introduced in Alfred 4. When you’re that far behind (a major version) you should mention it—information helps us help you.

In that case, have you tried doing a basic search for the Alfred.alfredpreferences directory in your backup? Wherever it is is wherever it was syncing to.

Excuse me, that is correct. I've found the Alfred.alfredpreferences file but couldn't get the preferences back.

So for me to learn - all custem searches and workflows are saved in the Alfred.alfredpreferences file, correct? 

As it did not work out this time I will just start new again, it was not too much and I might learn something.

• vitor changed the title to Overwritten settings, can't find previous settings