Alfred 4 MacOS 10.15.4

Hello All,

I updated my macbook pro 2 days ago and have run into an error with Alfred 4 (Version: 4.0.9 build 1144), when using alfred as a search tool for applications, nothing is showing up. I checked all folder paths in Features Default Searching and all seems fine, MacOS Application Folder is ticked, I first thought it may be an issue with HomeBrew Casks so I added /usr/local/Caskrooms but nothing. I have reloaded the cache and reset to defaults but nothing seems to fix this issue. Any help is appreciated :)

3 hours ago, WillGreen98 said:

I first thought it may be an issue with HomeBrew Casks so I added /usr/local/Caskrooms

Homebrew Cask developer here. I recommend you remove that directory from the search scope, we haven’t stored applications there in years.

Have you tried removing and readding Alfred from the accessibility permissions? Catalina is buggy, and with updates sometimes those can get messed up.

• 2 months later...

Thanks for the reply! I decided to do a clean install instead (multiple times at this point); I have requested the correct permissions from `General Request Permissions` and I am still getting the same results, none of the installed applications are showing. I do agree Catalina has been rather buggy.

@WillGreen98 When you say "nothing" is showing up, are some apps showing and others not? Can Spotlight find them? 

If I've understood correctly, are you saying you did a clean install of macOS Catalina? Or just Alfred? The latter won't help find apps if the underlying macOS index is missing the apps. You'll need to make sure you give macOS enough time to do its first indexing.

If the issue persists, could you please update to the Alfred 4.1 pre-release by going to the Update tab, choosing "pre-releases" from the dropdown at the bottom, then updating. Once you've  updated, go to the Help tab > Troubleshooting > Run Troubleshooting.

Drag in files that you can't find; You'll see a report of whether your Mac has the correct metadata for it, whether the file in question is in your search scope, etc...

You can paste the results in your reply here if you need further help.