Allow multiple chrome users at the same time

We have two settings in the WebBookmarks tab.

1. The owner user from which it should search the bookmarks.

2. To open the bookmark in the browser of that user.

I think that having the 2. option does not make sense if can only select 1 user in 1.

Can we have the option to search in all bookmarks from all users, and on open, open it on the respective browser?

image.thumb.png.12df9a71eee24449bc6a39eb863f3d6a.png

Edited by vitor
Removed second image

• 5 months later...

+1 to the improvement request. I have the same need. It would be very useful!
Update:  it would be also add an option to search in all users and in different users separately by shortcut and/or using a prefix (1: ... OR p: ...).
Why: I have 2 user profiles - "private" and "work" one, and it is nice to do a search:
1) In all bookmarks → open in the corresponding user profile 

2) In private only → open in the "private" user profile

3) In work only → open in the "work" user profile

Ideal option could be to select where the search is done by default and prefixes/shortcuts for each option (1-3). 

Note: Chrome has a support for it (seen in other posts):

open -a "Google Chrome" --args --profile-directory="private"

OR

/Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome {URL} --profile-directory={profile_ID}

Thank you!

Edited by Alex Irish
update

7 hours ago, Just Alex said:

it would be also add an option to search in all users and in different users separately by shortcut and/or using a prefix (1: ... OR p: ...).

As soon as you introduce prefixes, it makes having this built in to Alfred a rather moot point. In that case, you can use a workflow and make it behave exactly the way you want.

• 1 year later...
On 9/17/2020 at 3:56 PM, deanishe said:

As soon as you introduce prefixes, it makes having this built in to Alfred a rather moot point. In that case, you can use a workflow and make it behave exactly the way you want.

It'd be nice if bookmarks of multiple profiles can come up in default search results (and are opened in the profile they're associated with upon selection). Search result supports typeahead and is better than prefix IMO. I don't think there's a way to do that right now.

Edited by ssppjj

• 10 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...