[OSX Mojave] Mini player crashes if itune not started

Hi everyone

I recently switched over from Spotify to Apple Music. Love the fact that Alfred has Mini Player built in.

However on a reboot, when I tried to start Mini player (using hot key, or "iTunes" keyword), it just crashes Alfred.

To the extent where hot key used to invoke Alfred stops working. Activity Monitor lists Alfred has still fine. I'd have to kill Alfred from Activity Monitor, and restart it for Alfred to work again.

Seem to only happen if I try to start Mini player when iTunes isn't already running. 

I'm used to how Alfred Spotify Mini Player will try to start Spotify if it's not running, wondering if this correct behaviour for Alfred Mini Player?

Running on

• Mac Mojave (10.14.6)
  • Alfred v 4.0.9 [1144]
  • iTunes Version 12.9.5.5

Edited by snowfox
  • 2 weeks later...

@snowfox From your description, Alfred isn't crashing, but iTunes is halting Alfred on the AppleScript interaction. The only known scenario for when this happens is when iTunes is waiting for user input.

Next time restart, could you launch iTunes manually and see if it's requesting any input from you, e.g. a license agreement, or password request.