Posted (edited)

another fork: https://github.com/godbout/alfred-airpods-pro-battery

the original Workflow doesn't work for me (wrong arguments; left ear gets right ear data and right ear gets nothing).

currently only available on GitHub. will put on Packal later... :))))))

airpodspro-battery.gif

Edited by godbout
Removed jabs

For some reason it doesn't work for me. The 0% reading for the left ear is certainly not right. Any ideas?

image.thumb.png.be1b58bfecf22000375f5d2d409f6b3c.png

lol

interesting. might be the list of bluetooth devices connected then. not sure. will check.

could you guys send a screenshot of them, like below? thanks.

AppleBluetoothExtra_and_Item-0_and_Item-0.png

2 hours ago, godbout said:

might be the list of bluetooth devices connected then

This hint was good. It turns out that apb was somehow clashing with my third party Bluetooth mouse. After disconnecting the mouse, apb now correctly reads my AirPods battery levels, even after re-connecting my mouse. Not sure where the bug is though, as it's clearly looking for "Minor Type: Headphones" in the script.

34 minutes ago, SJ2K said:

This hint was good. It turns out that apb was somehow clashing with my third party Bluetooth mouse. After disconnecting the mouse, apb now correctly reads my AirPods battery levels, even after re-connecting my mouse. Not sure where the bug is though, as it's clearly looking for "Minor Type: Headphones" in the script.

well. probably if you restart your computer, you'll end up with the same issue. care to try? 😂

actually i've forked this from another workflow that wouldn't work for me. thought it was an AirPods Pro issue as the other workflow was for the normal AirPods. seems not. also my workflow work for both my iMac that has keyboard and trackpad connected, and my MacBook that has nothing... so, gonna have to investigate.

thanks for the report!

i had to dig into bash, unix, a couple of unix tools, and two books about scripting 😂

but there's a new version. i understand the code better now, cleaned it, and added the Case battery level if available: https://github.com/godbout/alfred-airpodspro-battery

have a look and let me know if you guys still have any issue with wrong data being printed out. thanks!