dingyi

Domainr Workflow

Hi folks, it looks like this workflow has got broken somewhere along the line. I ran a debug and got this - can anyone help me fix it?

Starting debug for 'Domainr v1.1'

[ERROR: alfred.workflow.input.scriptfilter] XML Parse Error 'The operation couldn’t be completed. (NSXMLParserErrorDomain error 4.)'. Row 1, Col 1: 'Document is empty' in XML:
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in Command line code on line 24

Thanks!

Nick

Domainr changed the API url and the workflow doesn't follow the redirect. So, change:

$url = "https://domai.nr/api/json/search?q=$query";

to

$url = "https://domainr.com/api/json/search?q=$query";
Then it should work. You might get some random notices still when variables are empty, but you can ignore them.

Hi @Shawn, that works - thanks. It's been over a year since @dingyi has visited these forums, is this a workflow that you might want to re-create under Packal?

Hi @Shawn, that works - thanks. It's been over a year since @dingyi has visited these forums, is this a workflow that you might want to re-create under Packal?

As a policy, I don't want to submit others' workflows to Packal (even if I really think that they would be good to have up there), but if the workflow seems neglected and I can rewrite it for performance or other reasons, then I'm open to doing so. Maybe I'll do the latter. The workflow does throw quite a few warnings, meaning that it could do with some much better error checking. I did the same with the f.lux workflow...

Unfortunately, Domainr changed their API. So, a rewrite is needed. The new version of the API also requires an API key, which means users will have to register for the API, etc... It's kind of a pain.

Unfortunately, Domainr changed their API. So, a rewrite is needed. The new version of the API also requires an API key, which means users will have to register for the API, etc... It's kind of a pain.

I'm not sure if anyone else would be... but if you did like a gofundme or something I'd totally pitch in. I'd love to have this tool updated :)

I'll even promote it to some people I know who'd use it :)

If anyone is interested. I resolved the issues. It works the same, except now we have to do two calls to the API end point because we're calling two different methods. So it may be a little slower. I submitted a pull request to @dingyi to get the official one updated.

Download it here