Itunes mini player shuffle

I know that is possible to have random albums. But I like to listen to all of my music on random so random songs ( and not albums ). I guess I am not the only one right? Is this possible because I cannot find it.

Apple have a bug in the iTunes 11 AppleScript which has removed the ability to control shuffle. I'm keeping a very close eye on this being fixed so that Alfred can disable shuffle like he did in the past, and also offer the shuffle feature again :)

• 1 month later...

Came here to ask for this feature. 

Apologies if you've already come across this, but is this StackOverflow of any use?

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/14674517/how-to-set-itunes-11-in-shuffle-or-repeat-mode-via-applescript

I had no luck with it myself, but then I'm also a bit of a fool.

All of those are hacky workarounds which simulate selecting menu items. Alfred avoids these for stability and future-proof. I'm still hoping for direct control over shuffle back into the AppleScript.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 years later...

Just bought the power pack and I have the same question: Is there a way to play ALL songs in my library with shuffle enabled? I worked around it by creating a playlist with all songs, but this is such an obvious feature that I'm almost sure I'm missing something.