Lock doesn't work in Catalina 10.15.4

Hi. For some reason the 'Lock' option doesn't work.

Alfred version: 4.0.9 [1144]

I have checked the permissions using 'Request permissions...'. Under 'Automation' I have this:

image.png.77e859caeed6cf83bb79001b1dcf9d30.png

and under 'Accessibility' there is no Alfred icon/checkbox at all.

I tried checking the Console.app whilst running the 'Lock' option from Alfred. The only thing I see in the log from Alfred is a few of these when I start typing:

"Starting query at qos 0x19"

When I select 'Lock', there is nothing added to the Console.app log.

Hi Andrew

Alfred is already present under 'Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Automation' (as per the screenshot). For 'Prefs > Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility' I used [+] to manually add Alfred 4, however this made no difference. The Alfred 'Lock' command still does nothing. 

Ah, thanks Vero. I'm not using Karabiner but your comment reminded me that yes, I have remapped the lock screen keyboard shortcut using Prefs > Keyboard > App Shortcuts! Thanks for the help, I had forgotten that I had had to change the mapping for 'Lock Screen' because it conflicted with another app.  

So I guess this means Alfred uses a simulated keyboard shortcut to activate the screen lock? Is there any way I can work around that? Can I customize the shortcut that Alfred triggers?

On 5/11/2020 at 11:05 AM, Andrew said:

@Joe Littlejohn You can disable the built-in lock keyword, then create a simple workflow with a Keyword -> Dispatch Key Combo.

Set the keyword to "lock", and the key combo to whatever you'd like it to be!

Sure, that's a workaround -- but the built-in command seems to now be broken.

I'm on 10.15.4 and seeing the same issue. Just used the built-in "lock" command and nothing happens. I know I've used it in the past successfully. I'm not using Karabiner or any other key remapping software. 

Edited by octothorpe

@octothorpe if you manually use the macOS lock combo of control+command+Q does this lock your Mac?

If so, try quitting Alfred, then removing him from the macOS Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility preferences, and re-adding him back again. If there is an underlying mismatch in the macOS privacy prefs, Alfred may have been blocked from simulating a lock.

If this combo doesn't work, then you can check what combo is expected under the Apple logo in the top right of your screen for "Lock Screen". This is the combo you'll need to manually configure in a workflow.

Cheers,

Andrew

10 hours ago, Andrew said:

@octothorpe  try quitting Alfred, then removing him from the macOS Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility preferences, and re-adding him back again. If there is an underlying mismatch in the macOS privacy prefs, Alfred may have been blocked from simulating a lock.

Aha, this did the trick. 

It also solved another issue I was having related to snippets not working. I'll post in the other thread as well. Thanks!

• 2 years later...

On 5/15/2020 at 5:46 PM, Andrew said:

try quitting Alfred, then removing him from the macOS Security & Privacy > Privacy > Accessibility preferences, and re-adding him back again. If there is an underlying mismatch in the macOS privacy prefs, Alfred may have been blocked from simulating a lock.

works for me! You save my world!