theFeverDog

Currency Converter

Hello fellow beta testers :-)

Here's a quick port of my currency converter:

https://github.com/theFeverDog/alfredextensions/blob/master/CurrencyConverter.alfredworkflow?raw=true

Initially I wasn't sure how to use the script output, because the {arg} tag didn't work. Fortunately {query} did the trick.

Are you planning on having the results fed back to Alfred so that we don't even have to press enter? =D please do ! I use your old extension all the time 

Very nice, thank you. Not sure if it's your workflow, but the icon looks strange in the notification.

1358089424-Screen%20Shot%202013-01-13%20

I have the same problem, and it affects any notification Alfred sends to Notification Center. As far as I can tell, Alfred's .icns file does not have multiple sizes inside it, so NC is scaling it manually (thus the ugliness).

So I made a workflow with fed back results.

But I made it a somewhat special way in that currencies are defined within the workflow. I really like how simple it makes it though.

But it's easy to change for your own currencies (if like me you only ever use the same) or to combine with the one posted by theFeverDog (first post of this topic) to get something more dynamic.

http://cl.ly/MBJ8

Great workflow! Thanks.

Useful little mod is to change the keywords to the appropriate currency symbols and remove the requirement for a space. 

For example '£' will initiate the GBP conversions and '$' will initiate the USD conversions.

Now simply entering '£300', for example, will show the relevant GBP conversions.

Enjoy!

Great workflow! Thanks.

Useful little mod is to change the keywords to the appropriate currency symbols and remove the requirement for a space. 

For example '£' will initiate the GBP conversions and '$' will initiate the USD conversions.

Now simply entering '£300', for example, will show the relevant GBP conversions.

Enjoy!

Great tip Oliver, thanks  :)