robgill

1Password not working

Posted (edited)

Hello,

I realised this afternoon tat 1Password items are no longer opening and autofilling via Alfred.

I've tried a few things:

• updating Chrome/Alfred/my extensions
  • Restarting my computer
  • different profiles in Chrome
  • uninstalled are re-installing both

I've recored my screen trying to run twitter (see a gif on this post, and the full recording here on dropbox). You can see Alfred actually brings the. 1Password App in to focus but then nothing happens.

Is this a 1Password bug? And Alfred is fine?

Is anyone else facing this issue, is this a known bug? I think it's been happening for a few days, but I've only just 2 and 2 together this afternoon.

Thanks for the help, Rob

Alfred+1Password.gif

Edited by robgill

Looks very much like the problem is at the 1Password end. This is generally to be expected, seeing as that's where all the complexity is (Alfred just asks the system to open a 1Password-specific URL), and historically has been where most issues with Alfred's 1Password integration originate.

Yes, this happening on some sites but not others, and the bug is not consistent Therefore, I doubt it is with iPassword to solve.

On 6/8/2020 at 5:50 PM, robgill said:

Thanks fo the inputs guys, I've raised on the 1Password forum too, they're not as active as you guys though. Let's see what they say :) 

I have added to your post on the 1Password forum

On 6/14/2020 at 12:17 PM, HRD said:

I have added to your post on the 1Password forum

See this exchange I have had on 1Password's forum.

Is the a way Alfred can link with 1Password X?

Posted (edited)

I think @Andrew will have to answer your question because he's the only one who knows how Alfred's 1Password integration works in detail.

Edited by deanishe

Alfred's modern integration with 1Password is actually extremely simple, he shows a list of items provided by 1Password, and when you select that item, he passes the item back to 1Password for processing (via their URL scheme).

Glad that it now seems fixed on their side, but I'll keep an eye on this anyway.

How does it handle multiple versions of 1Password (e.g. 1Password regular and 1Password X)? I know previous versions have kept their data in the same place. Is that also true of 1Password X/beta versions?

Also, do you have a link to the URL scheme details? I haven't been able to find it. Being able to give users a URL to open would make it easier to demonstrate that the problem is on 1Password's side.

Here is the URL scheme info:

https://support.1password.com/integration-mac/#open-a-1password-metadata-file

At this point, Alfred only officially supports reading metadata from the native 1Password Mac app with its 3rd party integration enabled. If 1Password X had a 3rd party integration output (I don't believe it does), and places it in the same location as the native Mac app, it's likely Alfred will be happy with this too.

This page does say that 1Password X integrates with 1Password Beta for Mac though, so this is how I assume you would get the integration working:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

Thanks. I knew that Alfred was basically only opening a URL, and figured it was most likely a problem with the support for the URL scheme being screwed up on 1Password's end.

I didn't buy the reason/excuse they gave on their forum that "Alfred requires the 1Password extension (desktop app required) instead of `1Password X", as if it's Alfred's fault.

They're in charge of whether their own URL scheme works or not.

1 hour ago, Andrew said:

Here is the URL scheme info:

https://support.1password.com/integration-mac/#open-a-1password-metadata-file

At this point, Alfred only officially supports reading metadata from the native 1Password Mac app with its 3rd party integration enabled. If 1Password X had a 3rd party integration output (I don't believe it does), and places it in the same location as the native Mac app, it's likely Alfred will be happy with this too.

This page does say that 1Password X integrates with 1Password Beta for Mac though, so this is how I assume you would get the integration working:

https://support.1password.com/getting-started-1password-x/

Thanks @Andrew but I am unable to get this to work, although I followed the instructions and those from others.

I will revert to 1Password, as they need to develop a solution for this.