Floating Transparency

Ddyracer

So I made a transparent theme, which you probably should use with a completely black wallpaper or completely white for the best effect and/or use the blur hackClick here for the link. Please let me know what you think  ;)

Here's what it looks like:

So, i thought the theme could use some subtle changes so here you go:

Before Blur

Screen-Shot-2013-04-08-at-11.53.14-PM.pn

After 

12645305.png

Edited by Ddyracer

I did too. And narrowed the window, shrunk the text, and made the shortcuts visible again. And set the blur hack to maximum.

Looks great! Thanks, Ddyracer.

transparency%20alternate.png

Your welcome! I never use those shortcuts myself so i didn't put them in. Btw, lots of themers here like borderless windows why is that? I like the border and think it looks too bare and it's hard to see where the window ends without it but that's just me.

Edited by Ddyracer

Your welcome! I never use those shortcuts myself so i didn't put them in. Btw, lots of themers here like borderless windows why is that? I like the border and think it looks too bare and it's hard to see where the window ends without it but that's just me.

I like getting rid of it as it seems superfluous. I like that it's exactly what needs to be there, but nothing more. See my OS X Menu Bar theme as a prime example.

OS%20X%20Menu%20Bar.png

I like getting rid of it as it seems superfluous. I like that it's exactly what needs to be there, but nothing more. See my OS X Menu Bar theme as a prime example.

OS%20X%20Menu%20Bar.png

So you like minimalism. Ok, but for a transparent theme I dunno, you can barely see it and knowing where the window ends kinda helps clicking the hit target when your moving the alfred window. That's my defense lol.

So you like minimalism. Ok, but for a transparent theme I dunno, you can barely see it and knowing where the window ends kinda helps clicking the hit target when your moving the alfred window. That's my defense lol.

That's fair. Difference is, I never move the Alfred window.  ;)

• 2 weeks later...