Change Alfred search result default order

Hi there,

Before going on, I know Alfred automatically orders results in order of most used. However I'm experiencing inconsistent rules with regard to this.

I have both the Microsoft OneNote & Outlook applications installed on my computer, and when I want to pull them up it's useful that I type in the first few letters (e.g. "one" & "out" with no space), and both applications show first in results, so I can easily just hit enter on the first result. Furthermore, I have two separate workflows for searching each of these in Alfred. The keywords for these have been set to "out" and "one".

When I search with "out" followed by a space, Alfred will only list the Outlook search workflow, and not the application at all. However, for some reason when I type "one" followed by a space, the OneNote application always defaults to the first result, followed by the search workflow second. This is super annoying as each time I can't just hit enter like I do with the outlook workflow.

I've tried in vain typing "out" followed by a space many times and manually selecting the search workflow, to try to get Alfred to understand I'll never want to open the application if I've followed the term with a space.

Anyone know what I can do to fix this? 

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 17.41.08.png

Screenshot 2020-06-19 at 17.41.22.png

19 hours ago, nilsdog said:

This is super annoying as each time I can't just hit enter like I do with the outlook workflow.

Why do you need to hit ENTER? Can't you just start typing your search query to see the results? How have you set the workflow up?

My apologies, I realised yesterday that functionally it made no difference as I didn't need to hit enter.

I just think its visually nicer hitting enter as it means Alfred stops including non-relevant searches when activating the workflow (like listing the OneDrive application) amongst the OneNote pages.

I'm also a stickler for inconsistencies so I can become (unproductively) obsessed with them  ;D

2 hours ago, nilsdog said:

its visually nicer hitting enter as it means Alfred stops including non-relevant searches when activating the workflow

Have you considered using prefixed keywords, e.g. .out, for such search workflows? You don’t need to hit ↩, and you don’t have to worry about any other results getting mixed in.