Automation permissions

I recnetly updated from Alfred 3 to Alfred 4, and one of my automations isn't working.  I'm thinking there may be a problem with my permissions but I'm not sure what to do.

I see Alfred 4 has permissions everywhere except automations.  But for some reason Alfred 4 isn't available to check in automations.  But Alfred 3 is.... What do I need to do to fix this?

See screenshots below.  

https://imgur.com/a/lwOmkbU

Thanks

50 minutes ago, Vero said:

@2Pants Alfred will request Automation permissions when he needs it. What isn't working as expected?

Could you also let us know which version of Alfred and macOS you're using? 

Cheers,
Vero

The automation doesn't work.  See my other post linked below.  

4.0.9 [1144]

3 hours ago, 2Pants said:

That doesn't seem to do anything.  Should I drag from finder or something else?

No. Like Vero said, you'll be asked to grant Automation permission as needed. There's no mechanism to authorise it in advance.

Judging by your description of your problem in the other thread, you've configured a Hotkey in the workflow that's already assigned in the application's Edit menu, so you're actually calling some application action, not the workflow.

Check the Edit menu to see if it contains a shortcut the same as the Hotkey you've assigned in Alfred. If there's nothing obvious in there, you can also use Shortcut Detective to see which application actually receives a keyboard shortcut/hotkey.

On 6/29/2020 at 5:46 PM, deanishe said:

No. Like Vero said, you'll be asked to grant Automation permission as needed. There's no mechanism to authorise it in advance.

Judging by your description of your problem in the other thread, you've configured a Hotkey in the workflow that's already assigned in the application's Edit menu, so you're actually calling some application action, not the workflow.

Check the Edit menu to see if it contains a shortcut the same as the Hotkey you've assigned in Alfred. If there's nothing obvious in there, you can also use Shortcut Detective to see which application actually receives a keyboard shortcut/hotkey.

Tried it.  Turns out that's not the case.  The edit menu doesn't have anything for that shortcut.  I created another shortcut with a 3 button combo that's very unique and it has the same behavior. 

4 hours ago, 2Pants said:

The edit menu doesn't have anything for that shortcut. 

Right. That's probably the workflow/Alfred firing ⌘C at the app to get the selection.

It doesn’t need automation permission to use copy/paste. If it did, the spell function wouldn’t work either. Something else is wrong. What does Alfred’s debugger say?