Jump to content
2Pants

Automation permissions

Recommended Posts

I recnetly updated from Alfred 3 to Alfred 4, and one of my automations isn't working.  I'm thinking there may be a problem with my permissions but I'm not sure what to do.

I see Alfred 4 has permissions everywhere except automations.  But for some reason Alfred 4 isn't available to check in automations.  But Alfred 3 is.... What do I need to do to fix this?

See screenshots below.  

https://imgur.com/a/lwOmkbU

 

Thanks

Share this post


Link to post

@2Pants Alfred will request Automation permissions when he needs it. What isn't working as expected?

 

Could you also let us know which version of Alfred and macOS you're using? 

 

Cheers,
Vero

Share this post


Link to post
50 minutes ago, Vero said:

@2Pants Alfred will request Automation permissions when he needs it. What isn't working as expected?

 

Could you also let us know which version of Alfred and macOS you're using? 

 

Cheers,
Vero

The automation doesn't work.  See my other post linked below.  

4.0.9 [1144]

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
2 hours ago, Terminal said:

Try dragging the Alfred 4 app into the automations box

That doesn't seem to do anything.  Should I drag from finder or something else?  

Share this post


Link to post
3 hours ago, 2Pants said:

That doesn't seem to do anything.  Should I drag from finder or something else?

 

No. Like Vero said, you'll be asked to grant Automation permission as needed. There's no mechanism to authorise it in advance.

 

Judging by your description of your problem in the other thread, you've configured a Hotkey in the workflow that's already assigned in the application's Edit menu, so you're actually calling some application action, not the workflow.

 

Check the Edit menu to see if it contains a shortcut the same as the Hotkey you've assigned in Alfred. If there's nothing obvious in there, you can also use Shortcut Detective to see which application actually receives a keyboard shortcut/hotkey.

Share this post


Link to post
On 6/29/2020 at 5:46 PM, deanishe said:

 

No. Like Vero said, you'll be asked to grant Automation permission as needed. There's no mechanism to authorise it in advance.

 

Judging by your description of your problem in the other thread, you've configured a Hotkey in the workflow that's already assigned in the application's Edit menu, so you're actually calling some application action, not the workflow.

 

Check the Edit menu to see if it contains a shortcut the same as the Hotkey you've assigned in Alfred. If there's nothing obvious in there, you can also use Shortcut Detective to see which application actually receives a keyboard shortcut/hotkey.


Tried it.  Turns out that's not the case.  The edit menu doesn't have anything for that shortcut.  I created another shortcut with a 3 button combo that's very unique and it has the same behavior. 

Share this post


Link to post
4 hours ago, 2Pants said:

The edit menu doesn't have anything for that shortcut. 

 

Right. That's probably the workflow/Alfred firing ⌘C at the app to get the selection.

 

It doesn’t need automation permission to use copy/paste. If it did, the spell function wouldn’t work either. Something else is wrong. What does Alfred’s debugger say?

Share this post


Link to post

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...