Tower Repositories (v1.0)

Quickly access your Tower git repositories

I finally got around to checking out Alfred today, and I was so blown away by the workflows feature that I decided to write one.

screenshot.png

Github: https://github.com/cjlucas/tower-alfred-workflow

The latest packaged workflow can be found here.

I will be checking for bug reports here as well as on Github.  It'll be easier to diagnose bugs if I have your Tower bookmark's file as well (it can be found here: ~/Library/Application Support/Tower/Bookmarks.plist). If you'd prefer to not have it posted in public, you can send me a message on here or on Github.

Edited by cjlucas
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...

Hey there @cjlucas. Thanks for making this. I used it quite a bit with v1. V2 has updated and moved some things around even though the original plist is available still. I see "~/Library/Application Support/com.fournova.Tower2/bookmarks.plist" but haven't had time to go through and update how tower.py searches it. The database is also there: "~/Library/Application Support/Tower/UserRepositories.sqlite3". I won't have any time real soon but if I do get to it I'll submit a pull request on your github repo.

Shame on me for rushing that fix out. I've re-released 2.0 with support for the new plist format. Everything should be good now. Though it is strange that Tower 2 now uses Core Data, but is still supporting bookmarks.plist.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Will do. They are very responsive and may answer that. In fact I first saw a workflow like this for SourceTree which I also use but I prefer Tower. And much more so now with v2. :)

* disclaimer: I don't work for Tower but I have submitted many reports.

When I asked about searching repos like that for Tower they pointed me here. :) The only changes I made besides making the keyword shorter, like you did for your v2, was to add CMD to browse in Alfred, SHIFT to reveal in Finder, ALT to open in Terminal, and CTRL to open in Sublime. Very helpful.

• 2 weeks later...