cjlucas

Tower Repositories (v1.0)

Quickly access your Tower git repositories

I finally got around to checking out Alfred today, and I was so blown away by the workflows feature that I decided to write one.

screenshot.png

Github: https://github.com/cjlucas/tower-alfred-workflow

The latest packaged workflow can be found here.

I will be checking for bug reports here as well as on Github.  It'll be easier to diagnose bugs if I have your Tower bookmark's file as well (it can be found here: ~/Library/Application Support/Tower/Bookmarks.plist). If you'd prefer to not have it posted in public, you can send me a message on here or on Github.

Edited by cjlucas

Updated to v1.1 (March 27, 2013)

• improvement: sort bookmarks as they're sorted in Tower.app
  • improvement: search repository paths in addition to bookmark names

I'll take suggestions if anyone has any.

How did I miss this! I have used the SourceTree one but I primarily use Tower. So I asked the Tower folks if there was an interest/opportunity for someone to put this together and they sent me here. Good stuff! And very fast. Nice work!

Hey there @cjlucas. Thanks for making this. I used it quite a bit with v1. V2 has updated and moved some things around even though the original plist is available still. I see "~/Library/Application Support/com.fournova.Tower2/bookmarks.plist" but haven't had time to go through and update how tower.py searches it. The database is also there: "~/Library/Application Support/Tower/UserRepositories.sqlite3". I won't have any time real soon but if I do get to it I'll submit a pull request on your github repo.

Shame on me for rushing that fix out. I've re-released 2.0 with support for the new plist format. Everything should be good now. Though it is strange that Tower 2 now uses Core Data, but is still supporting bookmarks.plist.

Let me know if there are any issues.

Will do. They are very responsive and may answer that. In fact I first saw a workflow like this for SourceTree which I also use but I prefer Tower. And much more so now with v2. :)

* disclaimer: I don't work for Tower but I have submitted many reports.

When I asked about searching repos like that for Tower they pointed me here. :) The only changes I made besides making the keyword shorter, like you did for your v2, was to add CMD to browse in Alfred, SHIFT to reveal in Finder, ALT to open in Terminal, and CTRL to open in Sublime. Very helpful.

I've tried restarting as well, no luck. I Even wiped out the folder in Application Support to start from scratch. The plist isn't even being created anymore.

Edited by cjlucas

I don't have anything to test with since I didn't make a backup of my bookmarks. Is something broken?

And ya, I'm on the latest public build.

Edited by cjlucas

Nothing was really gained by switching (though it might be slightly faster). The Alfred helper library I was using had bugs I didn't want to deal with anymore.