[SOLVED] How to turn off preferences sync? Thank you.

I previously set an icloud folder for syncing preferences.
However, icloud keeps uploading this preferences backup to the cloud and delete the local one.

Now I just want to shutdown the alfred sycing. But I have no idea how to get it done.
Could anybody help? Thank you.

8AF31E1B-6068-44AC-BC15-BF1BD88B11AD.png

Edited by vitor
Marked as solved
7 hours ago, Mgor said:

However, icloud keeps uploading this preferences backup to the cloud and delete the local one.

Do you want to turn off syncing, or do you want to stop iCloud from deleting your local preferences? If the latter, do System Preferences → iCloud → iCloud Drive [Options…] → Optimise Mac Storage (uncheck).

@deanishe

Thank you for your reply.
I found the folder ~/Library/Application Support/Alfred/ , there is already a file named Alfred.alfredpreferences 

I replaced the .alfredpreferences file with the one in syncing folder.

But nothing happened.

Was there anything wrong with my steps? Or could you please show me more detailed steps?

Thank you in adavance.

On 7/28/2020 at 6:33 PM, vitor said:

Do you want to turn off syncing, or do you want to stop iCloud from deleting your local preferences? If the latter, do System Preferences → iCloud → iCloud Drive [Options…] → Optimise Mac Storage (uncheck).

Thank you for your reply.

Actually I just want to turn off syncing. 

I realized that my time machine would backup all the files in my macbook so there is no need to backup the preferences seperately by using snyc function.

Could you please help with the turning off?

Thank you in advance.

1 hour ago, Mgor said:

Could you please help with the turning off?

Moving the preferences back to the default location is turning sync off. As long as you move the prefs. If a copy still exists in the sync folder, that will be used instead.

4 minutes ago, deanishe said:

Moving the preferences back to the default location is turning sync off. As long as you move the prefs. If a copy still exists in the sync folder, that will be used instead.

Yes, it works!

Just move it back or delete the one in syncing folder, then a popup would show and says: could not found the .preference, check if you would like to use the default one.

Click Yes to continue...

Thank you so much Deanishe!