iansited

Create New File in Finder (with optional templates)

This Workflow allows you to easily create a new file in the Mac OS Finder by typing new into Alfred. You can also setup pre-populated templates for filetypes (instructions on my blog). I have also added a hotkey option. You can specify the hotkey from your Alfred Workflow window (I find CTRL + ALT + N works quite nicely).

This is a re-write of the Alfred 1.x extension I released last year. Once again I'd like to thank Chris Kalafarski (farski) for improving the first ever version of my script.

Download Workflow here (8kb).

I hope you find this as useful as I do. To those who may not use Finder, I plan to add Path Finder support at some point in the future!

Screen-Shot-2013-03-27-at-09.55.14-300x2Screen-Shot-2013-03-27-at-09.55.24-300x2Screen-Shot-2013-03-27-at-09.55.45-300x2

Edited by ianisted

This is awesome. The only thing I don't like it how the default extension is .txt , as I sometimes make files with no extension.

Awesome workflow! But for some reason, I'm only able to create files named "Untitled.txt". Whatever I write after pressing the hotkey is ignored.

Awesome workflow! But for some reason, I'm only able to create files named "Untitled.txt". Whatever I write after pressing the hotkey is ignored.

The same happens for me if I don't specify a file extension - but if I do, everything works as advertised.

The same happens for me if I don't specify a file extension - but if I do, everything works as advertised.

It works for me, for example I right 'new index.html' or 'new text.txt'

You need to specify a name and extension