Depp

The copyed image in the Clipboard that size is a error data, between with the actual size, it's too large.

Posted (edited)

I usually use Clipboard to check the image size. I always thought my screenshot image too large, like follow this, have 19.8 MB, I hope find a method to reduce the size.

image.thumb.png.8a44d8b59be6bc2a737f386c4da0b349.png

Today I take the screenshot save as a file. My computer display the size, more lower than the clipboard, just is 433 KB, I consider my computer display error.

image.thumb.png.5b94cab78b2f625a6ecc351249722be7.png

I upload the image to the Cloud OSS, At last, I found this is the Clipboard display error, My computer don't have problem!

I think the Clipboard just according the dimensions computer the size. Your Clipboard have this issue?

Edited by Depp Wang

That’s not unusual. If you copy image data, like a screenshot, most applications store it on the clipboard as TIFF data, and TIFF images are very large compared to JPEG/PNG.

From my tests, Alfred also saves TIFF data when a PNG representation is available. That may be because PNG is lossy relative to TIFF. Perhaps @Andrew can clarify?

7 minutes ago, deanishe said:

That’s not unusual. If you copy image data, like a screenshot, most applications store it on the clipboard as TIFF data, and TIFF images are very large compared to JPEG/PNG.

From my tests, Alfred also saves TIFF data when a PNG representation is available. That may be because PNG is lossy relative to TIFF. Perhaps @Andrew can clarify?

Thx your reply. May be clipboard saves TIFF data, But I can't find the setting that about the TIFF data, I think through Clipboard to check the size of image is a good idea. May be Alfred can provide a switch setting, give user a choice.

4 hours ago, Depp Wang said:

But I can't find the setting that about the TIFF data

Which setting? To be clear, Alfred doesn't decide what format the data is. The application it's copied from does, and TIFF is the standard format.