[Workflow] Twitter Toolkit for Alfred

Just released a new workflow that makes it easy to search your tweets and people you follow (and more) called the Twitter Toolkit.

It supports the web, Twitter for Mac, and Tweetbot.

twitter-toolkit-my.png.52218ccc1d594154a47303ab68025124.png

AlfredTweet is far more powerful, so if you're wanting to tweet from Alfred, that's a better solution for you.

Edited by chris
Updated link to Workflow
On 8/7/2020 at 6:42 PM, chris said:

AlfredTweet is far more powerful, so if you're wanting to tweet from Alfred, that's a better solution for you.

That’s an old Workflow that doesn’t take advantage of modern Alfred concepts—it was built for Alfred 2. It also hasn’t been available for a good while—check the download link, it’s a 404.

17 hours ago, vitor said:

That’s an old Workflow that doesn’t take advantage of modern Alfred concepts—it was built for Alfred 2. It also hasn’t been available for a good while—check the download link, it’s a 404.

True, but you can still get it from Packal. I just didn't want people to think that my Workflow was all that fancy — it doesn't intend to replace or substitute for the functionality that AlfredTweet provided, even if that Workflow has been abandoned.

• 2 weeks later...

FYI, I've released v0.2.0 of my Twitter Toolkit, featuring:

422311584_CleanShot2020-08-18at16_46_01.thumb.png.1d63fcc8a5d4d6764b122d975ab5409f.pngw

- All new icons!
- Support for new keywords: `analytics`, `explore`, `help`, `media`, `notifs`
- New additions to the "my" collection: Bookmarks, Lists, Moments, Notifications

You can get it here: https://github.com/chrismessina/alfred-app/releases/tag/v0.2.0

Edited by chris
added preview image
On 8/19/2020 at 2:00 PM, Bemawr said:

This looks great! Great job

Any thoughts on changing what twitter app it opens is?

I use the Tweetbot Mac app for the most part. This might be something that isn't worth the effort in the workflow but I figured I'd mention it!

Oh interesting...! Since Tweetbot for Mac has its own URL schemes, I can add that! 

Added to my backlog — thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've published v0.3.2! 

This should please @Bemawr and @Voland and any other Tweetbot users! (Albeit, Tweetbot has a much more limited set of URL schemes to work with). 

🎩  Download the latest.

Changelog

[v0.3.2] - 2020-09-06

Fixed

• Quick fix for missing non-personalized `users` query.

[v0.3.1] - 2020-09-06

Fixed

• Replaced “(from:{var:account})” with “from:{var:account}” (no parens) from app searches.
  • Fixed on errant search that targeted videos rather than all tweets.

[v0.3.0] - 2020-09-04

Added

• Support for Tweetbot URL Schemes by setting tweetbot as platform variable (thanks @bemawr!) (Closes #3)
  • Support for nearby searches:
    • tweets
    • photos
    • videos
    • users
  • keywords to go to:
    • hashtag page
    • topics
    • Alternative keyword ! for notifs
  • Descriptive notes in Workflow
  • OneUpdater (Closes #6)

Changed

• Added service and domain variables to make it easier to develop other Toolkits
  • Drastically increased support for Twitter for Mac thanks to new routes included in 8.34 (thanks @nolanobrien!) (Closes #4)

Removed

• followees keyword
Edited by chris
Updated link to Workflow
  • 6 months later...
  • 9 months later...
5 hours ago, IvanPsy said:

@Chris Messina I wonder if there is a way to send the tweet straight from Alfred.

You can use the `tweet` keyword but of course that will just prefill the tweet box on twitter.com.

To programmatically send a tweet, it does seem possible, though I personally don't have the coding abilities to make it happen. If you do, happy to take contributions to my Workflow!

• 4 weeks later...

@Chris Messina could you check out the 'likes' keyword..the configuration seems to be different and it doesn't open up my likes (I'm using the Twitter for Mac app). I changed the config so that it chooses the Twitter app rather than the URL but now even more strangely it opens the twitter app but logged out, and it won't let me log in because that user is 'already logged in'?? Strange!

Hey @kenanmike! Well, first — there's isn't a way to open one's Likes in the native Twitter for Mac app... it's just not a supported route AFAIK. 

That said, I did just push an update that includes `Likes` as a keyword, which will open your Likes in the Twitter web app.

I also noticed the stalled launch screen issue in the native Mac app when trying to open twitter:// routes. I blame Elon! 😂