[Workflow] Twitter Toolkit for Alfred

Just released a new workflow that makes it easy to search your tweets and people you follow (and more) called the Twitter Toolkit.

It supports the web, Twitter for Mac, and Tweetbot.

twitter-toolkit-my.png.52218ccc1d594154a47303ab68025124.png

AlfredTweet is far more powerful, so if you're wanting to tweet from Alfred, that's a better solution for you.

Edited by chris
Edited to reflect current features
On 8/7/2020 at 6:42 PM, chris said:

AlfredTweet is far more powerful, so if you're wanting to tweet from Alfred, that's a better solution for you.

That’s an old Workflow that doesn’t take advantage of modern Alfred concepts—it was built for Alfred 2. It also hasn’t been available for a good while—check the download link, it’s a 404.

17 hours ago, vitor said:

That’s an old Workflow that doesn’t take advantage of modern Alfred concepts—it was built for Alfred 2. It also hasn’t been available for a good while—check the download link, it’s a 404.

True, but you can still get it from Packal. I just didn't want people to think that my Workflow was all that fancy — it doesn't intend to replace or substitute for the functionality that AlfredTweet provided, even if that Workflow has been abandoned.

• 2 weeks later...
Posted (edited)

FYI, I've released v0.2.0 of my Twitter Toolkit, featuring:

422311584_CleanShot2020-08-18at16_46_01.thumb.png.1d63fcc8a5d4d6764b122d975ab5409f.pngw

- All new icons!
- Support for new keywords: `analytics`, `explore`, `help`, `media`, `notifs`
- New additions to the "my" collection: Bookmarks, Lists, Moments, Notifications

You can get it here: https://github.com/chrismessina/alfred-app/releases/tag/v0.2.0

Edited by chris
added preview image

This looks great! Great job

Any thoughts on changing what twitter app it opens is?

I use the Tweetbot Mac app for the most part. This might be something that isn't worth the effort in the workflow but I figured I'd mention it!

On 8/19/2020 at 2:00 PM, Bemawr said:

This looks great! Great job

Any thoughts on changing what twitter app it opens is?

I use the Tweetbot Mac app for the most part. This might be something that isn't worth the effort in the workflow but I figured I'd mention it!

Oh interesting...! Since Tweetbot for Mac has its own URL schemes, I can add that! 

Added to my backlog — thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, I've published v0.3.2! 

This should please @Bemawr and @Voland and any other Tweetbot users! (Albeit, Tweetbot has a much more limited set of URL schemes to work with). 

🎩  Download the latest.

preview.gif

Changelog

[v0.3.2] - 2020-09-06

Fixed

• Quick fix for missing non-personalized `users` query.

[v0.3.1] - 2020-09-06

Fixed

• Replaced “(from:{var:account})” with “from:{var:account}” (no parens) from app searches.
  • Fixed on errant search that targeted videos rather than all tweets.

[v0.3.0] - 2020-09-04

Added

• Support for Tweetbot URL Schemes by setting tweetbot as platform variable (thanks @bemawr!) (Closes #3)
  • Support for nearby searches:
    • tweets
    • photos
    • videos
    • users
  • keywords to go to:
    • hashtag page
    • topics
    • Alternative keyword ! for notifs
  • Descriptive notes in Workflow
  • OneUpdater (Closes #6)

Changed

• Added service and domain variables to make it easier to develop other Toolkits
  • Drastically increased support for Twitter for Mac thanks to new routes included in 8.34 (thanks @nolanobrien!) (Closes #4)

Removed

• followees keyword
Edited by chris
Updated to link to v0.3.2