[SOLVED] How to create a menu of shared / conflicting hotkeys, for example when there are 10+ different types of text manipulation

I created more than 10 text manipulations using a regex transform.

I tested 2 of them with workflows and they work fine.

They are all structured the same way (hotkey, app focus, etc) except for the regex.

My problem is that I do not want to assign a hotkey to each. I want to assign one text manipulation hotkey (⌃⌥ ⌘T)  and choose from a list of transformations.

My initial idea was to use the same hotkey, ie sharing/conflicting hotkeys and expected some kind of a menu to be displayed from which I would choose, but this is not the case, even if all workflows are structured the same way except for the regex.

Beyond text manipulation, I would like to have a general understanding of how to generate a menu or pick list with conflicting shared hotkeys.

I searched the documentation on shared/conflicting hotkeys, but could not find an answer.

thanks in advance for your time and help

@deanishe 

I took your advice, read the documentation and don't understand how it works.

Below is

- a text manipulation workflow (one of many) which deletes blank lines. Works perfectly with a hotkey

- I want to substitute the hotkey for a list filter

- I create the list filter input and want to add not a CSV file but the workflow (last 2 objects)  into the list

- I will do the same for other text manipulation workflows to create a full list of my text manipulations

How would I do that ?

thank you !! Your help is greatly appreciated.

image.thumb.png.a6fda72efd16bc40d699ef148e965d3c.png

@deanishe

I will use google drive

so I have to create a public link accessible to everyone on the Internet ?

what permissions should I give? viewer ? commenter ? editor ?

I know that you use dropbox, but the principles are the same.

thank you

Edited by rob213

Instead of dropping a CSV, press the + and add a row. Make the Title and Subtitle whatever you want, but Arg is important as it will be used for the Conditional Utility to pick a branch. You’ll also need a couple of Argument and Variables Utilities (leave those as they are; they don’t need any modification to keep working, no matter how many transformations and branches you add).

image.thumb.png.f9f3284efe77d10174efb82249f99510.png

Here’s a copy of that Workflow. For testing, I had to change a few details of your existing nodes that you’ll want to add back. Namely I’ve replaced the regex transformation itself and removed the specific apps that need to be in focus.

Edited by vitor
1 hour ago, vitor said:

Instead of dropping a CSV, press the + and add a row. Make the Title and Subtitle whatever you want, but Arg is important as it will be used for the Conditional Utility to pick a branch. You’ll also need a couple of Argument and Variables Utilities (leave those as they are; they don’t need any modification to keep working, no matter how many transformations and branches you add).

image.thumb.png.f9f3284efe77d10174efb82249f99510.png

Here’s a copy of that Workflow. For testing, I had to change a few details of your existing nodes that you’ll want to add back. Namely I’ve replaced the regex transformation itself and removed the specific apps that need to be in focus.

I am sorry @vitor. I don't understand where and how to connect a second transformation.

If it is not asking too much, could you add a second row to your list filter, just so I see what it looks like. It's just too theoretical otherwise for me. After seeing 2, I can go to 3,4, etc more

thank you !

image.thumb.png.e319a5617e3149c501480ae6fe56a80c.png

Edited by rob213
11 minutes ago, rob213 said:

my remove blank  lines regex does not work, although is works perfectly when used standalone with its own hotkey

I can’t get it to work even as standalone, your regex is incorrect (why are there § characters there?). Everything else seems set up correctly. Try it with something simpler first, multi-line regexes are harder to get right.

• vitor changed the title to [SOLVED] How to create a menu of shared / conflicting hotkeys, for example when there are 10+ different types of text manipulation