keyword equivalent hotkeys ?

Coming from keyboard maestro, hotkeys and keyword can trigger macros interchangeably to trigger a macro.  

in alfred, the objects are different (hotkeys can focus on certain apps ie the related apps tab).

If I have a workflow that starts with a hotkey, is there no way to simply substitute a keyword ?

example: a text manipulation initiated by a hotkey: I would type tm instead of the hotkey

thanks in advance for your time and help

2020-08-23_11-12-51 (1).png

2020-08-23_11-12-51 (2).png

@deanishe 

I had tried that. It was my first reflex.  The hotkey works, not the keyword.

1- Am I not configuring the keyword properly ? with space ? argument ?

2- With a keyword, I cannot focus on certain apps ?

Note: workflow is remove blank lines

Herzlichen Dank und freundliche Grüße 

image.thumb.png.e93f9c6785ab589193297d9d5db64992.png

Edited by rob213
On 8/19/2020 at 11:15 PM, deanishe said:

Forget about that for now. Upload your own workflow that isn't working somewhere (Dropbox?) and post a link to it, so we can have a look and tell you what's wrong.

A File Filter does recognise any word in the filename by default, so your workflow is simply misconfigured.

I will look for a website to share. thanks very much

thank you very much @dfay and @vitor 

@dfay quite a coincidence! I just downloaded your workflows.

I am working with the older version because it uses keywords, if I understand correctly, and using the casep version because I want to paste. I can't make the newer version work.

I have 2 problems:

- I always do this on highlighted text. I would like the initial copy to clipboard to be included in the workflow, so that the final paste overwrites the selected text with the post transformation text, which happens automatically in my nobel prize winning script below.

- I have about 10 regex based text transforms of all kinds. My problem is that you using bash scripting, and I am therefore unable to use the replace regex alfred utility which is so simple to use. I I want to use the casep method, I have to find a way to create all these bash scripts.

I am quite surprised because I am used to working with keyboard maestro. The workflow below works very nicely, and all this discussion and energy spent testing is because I cannot use one single shared or conflicting keyword or hotkey for all the text transformations.

thanks again very much for your reply !!

image.thumb.png.a8a506ca1891c1c1dcc73c7426449d92.png

12 minutes ago, rob213 said:

- I always do this on highlighted text. I would like the initial copy to clipboard to be included in the workflow, so that the final paste overwrites the selected text with the post transformation text, which happens automatically in my nobel prize winning script below.

Can't you do this in the newer version by adding a Hotkey with argument "Selection in macOS" and setting the Copy to Clipboard output to "Automatically paste to front most app"?

Edited by evanfuchs
  • Andrew changed the title to keyword equivalent hotkeys ?
3 hours ago, rob213 said:

cannot use one single shared or conflicting keyword or hotkey for all the text transformations.

You can. Like I told you elsewhere, add a List Filter to choose which transformation you want.

If you want to use a keyword to trigger a workflow that works on the current selection, you need to copy the current selection yourself. Alfred can only pass you the current selection if you use a Hotkey.