How to create a workflow for searching in the search bar of any app

I have recently joined  this community and I was trying to find a todoist app workflow to search inside the app content, I am really satisfied with its app shortcut to add tasks and I don't want to replace it with alfred (my projects have emojis and it would be tedious as I can't use snippets on Alfred's search). There are Some workflows which can be used to create and check tasks but I consider it miscellaneous

But as I want alfred a global searcher I want a workflow which just searches inside the app, I don't think the API token would be necessary 

is there a tutorial for easily creating one?, I have tried changing other app workflow (obsidian) to search but it doesn't work

Some help??

3 hours ago, melch_25 said:

I can't use snippets on Alfred's search

You just need to remove Alfred from the ignored apps list.

3 hours ago, melch_25 said:

But as I want alfred a global searcher I want a workflow which just searches inside the app

It's not clear what you're asking. If you want to show search results in Alfred, then normally the application you want to search must have an API. The Mac app might have a scripting API, or you might have to use an online API (in which case you'll need an API key).

If you want to show search results in the application, you might be able to use this workflow.

• 11 months later...